By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official White Knight Chronicles: International Edition Thread!

darthdevidem01 said:
Mirson said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Mirson said:

Like I said, you can adjust the battle speed for the FF games. I'm doing combos, but then I run out AC. Also it's kind of useless since the game has been incredibly easy so far that you can beat it by using slash alone. No strategy needed here.

the same can be said for most RPGs in general, most battles can be won with simply attacking non stop,yet spicing it up is completely up to you and benefits you in strategy. weaknesses for enemies do exist, and its up to u to exploit them.

Yeah and I hate those RPGs. Wild Arms was the latest one where I mostly selected attack for the whole game, even for the boss battles...lol. At least the story and dungeon crawling were enjoyable.

I know enemies have weaknesses, but it really doesn't matter. Standard attacks are just as good; had the same problem with FFXII. FFX did it right where a standard sword attack (from Tidus or Kihmarhi - depending on where you took him in the sphere grid) would deal little damage to an elemental enemy. You were compelled to use magic to defeat him quick.

@sixaxis, we should co-op tonight if you can. Maybe I'll enjoy the multiplayer portion. I'll be on when Bleach is on - they're currently giving reruns. I'm at level 11 though. Will try to level up a bit more.

our tastes don't match one bit so I guess I will love the game yay!

I think our tastes are kind of similar and I love the game. I hope you will too!

Around the Network
Boutros said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Mirson said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Mirson said:

Like I said, you can adjust the battle speed for the FF games. I'm doing combos, but then I run out AC. Also it's kind of useless since the game has been incredibly easy so far that you can beat it by using slash alone. No strategy needed here.

the same can be said for most RPGs in general, most battles can be won with simply attacking non stop,yet spicing it up is completely up to you and benefits you in strategy. weaknesses for enemies do exist, and its up to u to exploit them.

Yeah and I hate those RPGs. Wild Arms was the latest one where I mostly selected attack for the whole game, even for the boss battles...lol. At least the story and dungeon crawling were enjoyable.

I know enemies have weaknesses, but it really doesn't matter. Standard attacks are just as good; had the same problem with FFXII. FFX did it right where a standard sword attack (from Tidus or Kihmarhi - depending on where you took him in the sphere grid) would deal little damage to an elemental enemy. You were compelled to use magic to defeat him quick.

@sixaxis, we should co-op tonight if you can. Maybe I'll enjoy the multiplayer portion. I'll be on when Bleach is on - they're currently giving reruns. I'm at level 11 though. Will try to level up a bit more.

our tastes don't match one bit so I guess I will love the game yay!

I think our tastes are kind of similar and I love the game. I hope you will too!

I know I'll love it

its the FIRST console JRPg I will be playing this gen!

I really don't care if the story is cliched as I haven't played a nex-gen console JRPG yet, frankly I want cliched!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

im almost like 25hrs in now. Level 20 party avg. Anyone trying to do some online missions? :)

PSN: Forevercloud

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
im almost like 25hrs in now. Level 20 party avg. Anyone trying to do some online missions? :)

PSN: Forevercloud

I tried inviting you yesterday, but you ignored all of us!!!

lestatdark said:
I got the game today xD

I'm going to give it a go in a few minutes, any tips for a newbie? :P

Ah nice.

And yeah, don't leave balandor before you get the treasures in the knights hall, theres some heal potions there, ranked to II i think.

Also keep Leonard alive! you will really need his Knight in some parts of the game.

I have you on my friends list, if you want a quest or 2 let me know. and level gap doesn't matter if the person's Town allows low any level to join in.

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
lestatdark said:
I got the game today xD

Ah nice.

And yeah, don't leave balandor before you get the treasures in the knights hall, theres some heal potions there, ranked to II i think.

Also keep Leonard alive! you will really need his Knight in some parts of the game.

I have you on my friends list, if you want a quest or 2 let me know. and level gap doesn't matter if the person's Town allows low any level to join in.

Thanks for the tips Seraphic, I'm on the opening cutscene now.  

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
lestatdark said:
I got the game today xD

Ah nice.

Thanks for the tips Seraphic, I'm on the opening cutscene now.

Ugh, an' when you actually save the princess your forced to use leonard, now thats no big deal, but when he takes her away from the battle hes ALONE, he has no healing magic, his MP is low, and potions will be on the minimum. that was actually one of the hardest parts of the game, because the princess jus' sits back and does nothing... which is to be expected since princesses usually dont fight...

But yeah, watch out when you go under the castle, theres going to be alot of close calls there. and remember, spamming backlash is your best friend. :P

Are there any missable items that are really important?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Well theres some kind of Staff or something under the castle, but if your not gonna be a staff user its kinda crap since ATK ain't worth a damn thing for it.

Theres a treasure chest on the 3rd floor though with a cape in it (forget which one it was) but it gives def +1 and atk +1 with fire and ice res +4 if i recall.

Oh ok, thanks, i'm still on the town xD

I put leonard with Fireball and my avatar with Heal and Revive along with some sword skills, trying to diversify combos.

Current PC Build