By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Congratulations ssj12, your man is on fire right now!

Rubang B said:
My dream world would be him winning the Republican nomination and Kucinich winning the Democratic nomination. But then I'd wish for a Kucinich/Obama ticket to win, teehee.

My dream is that Ron Paul will bolt the GOP after losing the primary and lead the Libertarian  ticket. That would assure a Democratic victory.

Around the Network
jjseth said:
Rubang B said:
His tax wouldn't be fair if it's a flat sales tax across the board!

Rich people don't spend money. They INVEST money.

The poorer you are, the higher the percentage of your income is SPENT rather than INVESTED. Therefore, a flat sales tax actually overtaxes the poor and undertaxes the rich, who shouldn't care less about taxes, but oooooh how badly they do!

"Death tax" like what? Stupid doublespeaking bastards.

If you had noticed or read up on teh fair tax that many politicians are beginning to back, there would be a prebate given that would account for average costs of necessities.

http://www.fairtax.org/PDF/FairTaxPrebateExplained2007.pdf

This PDF will explain to you how the prebate works so poor families aren't hit as hard from teh sales tax increase.

Oh word.  Thanks for clearing that up.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Actually, a lot of people that would vote Democrat would also vote for Ron Paul, such as myself.

Oh, and I'd like to point out that what klydwntelos said about Ron Paul potentially vetoing so many bills is precisely why I want him to win. We are supposed to have a system of checks and balances in this country, though we haven't done so well the last few years, and the federal government is set up that way. Ron Paul will be there to veto any bad laws regarding social policy, like the Patriot Act, while the congress would be there to simply not pass any of his bad economic laws. The President doesn't have the power to just make things like that happen, he can just work towards those ideals. That's why he's the perfect president.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

ChichiriMuyo, typically I have voted for democrats then I have republicans in my life. It's not that they have all the beliefs I do, it's just that I vote that way because the alternative on the Republican side is just that bad.

I hate partisan politics and how when one party has the advantage of the Presidency and Senate/House they pass along so many partisan laws that just usually end up destroying our great country. I really hope that Ron Paul gets the Republican nomination, I would prefer not to have to vote for Hillary if I could. And it would be the first time that I would have voted for someone that isn't a Democrat in a Presidential election.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

It's also good to know that everything you buy now has inherit tax built in to it. So that $100 item you purchased has tax from the cost of raw goods, manufacturing, labor, etc. It's estimated that somewhere around 20% of an item is from various forms of taxation. Under the fairtax the inherit tax would now be gone so the cost on most goods and services would be reduced making things cheaper. That would ofset nearly all of the increase coming from a higher sales tax. Actually read reports from economists and experts on the issue and you'll see that the fairtax is probably one of the single best ideas that could be implemented into this country. Neal Boortz has a good book on the subject and a good read for anyone interested in learning more on the fairtax. It's hardly as "insane" or "kooky" as the uninformed make it out to be.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection