By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Next Generation Wii

After thinking about all the different things that have happened in the last year, I thought I'd take a shot at thinking up a new Wii, so, without further ado (a doo? adiu? adu?), here is my concept.

2ii (pronounced Too-ie) is the size of a computer hard drive with an infrared camera built in, much like the Natal camera, with less resolution.

Controllers are thinner and less round, but wider, and have little lcd screens on them.

Many games can be controlled without the controller.

Games play on 6-8 GB flash cards or mini-BluRay (17GB per gamecube sized disc).

Capability is roughly the same as the wii, but with much better video processing.

Consoles can connect to each other through a link similar to the DS's wireless and can share games between each other using only one disc/cart.

Also, the console prints money.

So? What do you think?

Basically, it's an extremely portable console with no load times and natal style control + wii style control

Around the Network

I don't think Nintendo will go with flash cards, they are still pretty expensive. If anything I think it might be the generation where Nintendo uses a mainstream format (bluray). The DVD has been maxed out with the xbox 360, there is no room left at all. With the next Nintendo system being much more powerful than either the 360 or PS3 (i'm assuming) they will need more storage space.

I also think Nintendo will use an SSD instead of a hard drive to consume less space and less power with faster load times, in 2012 SSD prices should be very reasonable for something like 120 GB.

I like your idea of wireless LAN for the next system.

Nintendo said they tried the Natal interface and didn't like it, I would imagine their next controller would be similar in design with the wii remote, only with the latest and greatest accelerometers and gyroscopes for better accuracy.

Nah, if the thing'd print money, MS and Sony would buy all machines in stock everywhere, and no-one would get to enjoy the games.

Also, no HD? But, then Nintendo IZ D00MED!!1!

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:
Nah, if the thing'd print money, MS and Sony would buy all machines in stock everywhere, and no-one would get to enjoy the games.

Actually if Nintendo does not go HD next gen, I would say  they are doomed.

I still think Nintendo will go the route of simply perfecting what the Wii offers: IE better online, built in MotionPlus, more Wii Speak, betetr graphics ETC.

Its the Nintendo way of following a innovation / prefection strategy

NES - was the innovation
SNES - the perfection
N64 - the innovation
GCN - the perfection
WII - the innovation
Next - the perfection

Around the Network
ph4nt said:
Cheebee said:

Actually if Nintendo does not go HD next gen, I would say  they are doomed.

That's what I said.

Then again, isn't Nintendo always doomed?

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

O-D-C said:
I still think Nintendo will go the route of simply perfecting what the Wii offers: IE better online, built in MotionPlus, more Wii Speak, betetr graphics ETC.

Its the Nintendo way of following a innovation / prefection strategy

NES - was the innovation
SNES - the perfection
N64 - the innovation
GCN - the perfection
WII - the innovation
Next - the perfection

I sure hope the patters keeps up... so far, their innovative consoles I very much dislike (Wii is pretty good though, but N64 and NES are really not in my taste), but their "perfect" ones I love.

I agree that NES was the innovation and SNES the perfection.  But to say that N64 is innovation and GC perfection...not so much.  N64 was simply amazing, the games blew everybody away, etc.  Gamecube was a complete and utter failure.  Because of this, even as a playstation fan, I hope they don't go the same way as they did with N64 then GC, for that would mean the Wii2 would be a complete failure.  If it remains similar to Wii with only slightly boosted stuff, I really do think it will be a failure.  With what you are saying, the PS3 could still remain competitive to the Wii2...they need something that will make it better than that.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Baalzamon said:

I agree that NES was the innovation and SNES the perfection.  But to say that N64 is innovation and GC perfection...not so much.  N64 was simply amazing, the games blew everybody away, etc.  Gamecube was a complete and utter failure.  Because of this, even as a playstation fan, I hope they don't go the same way as they did with N64 then GC, for that would mean the Wii2 would be a complete failure.  If it remains similar to Wii with only slightly boosted stuff, I really do think it will be a failure.  With what you are saying, the PS3 could still remain competitive to the Wii2...they need something that will make it better than that.

The N64 defines downfall. GC is a million times better.

No way was the GC superior to the N64.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!