By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox and Xbox 360 Make Another "Best of the decade" list

you pay for what? cross game chat that PSN will recive soon as well? netflix that PSN will recive soon? oh please, the only reason people pay for live is because they wanna play online. you think people would give a dine for live if online play was free? think again.

also, how many people can play 1vs100 AT THE SAME TIME together? 200.000?

Around the Network

Hey JaggedSac that kind of coding sounds like something you'd be good at since you're a website backend coder.

Tease.

JaggedSac said:
Excerpt from a 1 vs 100 developer post:

"Two years ago, our team was asked to develop and implement a new kind of game. Our guiding principles: it had to be scheduled like a TV show, it had to be social, and it had to support hundreds of thousands of players at once. "Above all," we were told, "it has to be big. It has to be something nobody has seen before. Go big or go home."

Now, as we've wrapped up 1 vs 100 Beta and are getting ready for launch, I think we've accomplished that goal. We've faced some big challenges along the way, and done some things no game has ever done before. We've hosted a game with over 100,000 concurrent users in the same session. Doing that required designing a new server architecture, different than that used by traditional MMOs--we didn't want to shard groups of users into their own sessions on their own servers. Everyone gets to play together!

Speaking of servers, 1 vs 100 is synchronous in a way no other game is. Hundreds of thousands of users playing a game show together means that most of the players, most of the time, are making the same server calls. 1 vs 100 is so synchronized, in fact, that everyone is making those same calls within a couple of hundred milliseconds. Our server was designed to handle that kind of traffic. Some of the other services we use are not; they handle heavy load by assuming that requests are evenly spread out over time. This required some fancy footwork on our part not to overload our partners' servers."

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/1vs100/blogs.htm

and in the end you are just answering quizes, whats so hard with doing that?

its like having to run a forum but instead of people typing like im doing now, its just clicking on buttons and one of them is right.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

BladeOfGod said:
you pay for what? cross game chat that PSN will recive soon as well? netflix that PSN will recive soon? oh please, the only reason people pay for live is because they wanna play online. you think people would give a dine for live if online play was free? think again.

also, how many people can play 1vs100 AT THE SAME TIME together? 200.000?

@bolded

wtf that have to do with what they said?

read FK's comment on 3rd page

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Hey JaggedSac that kind of coding sounds like something you'd be good at since you're a website backend coder.

Yeah, I could have done it :)

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

to the MAG vs. 1v100 argument.

facebook and twitter can also transmit those types of messages in 1v100. its not like its all the amazing. lol.

MAG is a lot more advanced if you ask me, and any other MMO is also amazing because you see actions of every other player and not just a chat-room type of game. LOL!. =]

End of 2010 Predictions (Original Prediction Made: Jan. 1, 2010---Revised April 1, 2010---Revised Again July 1, 2010---Revised Again on Nov. 1, 2010)

PS3: 46 MIL (April Revision: 44 MIL, July Revision 43 MIL, Nov. Revision 45MIL)

360: 44 MIL (April Revision: 46 MIL, July Revision: 48 MIL, Nov. Revision 49MIL)

WII: 82 MIL (Apr. Revision: 84 MIL, Jul. Revision: 82 MIL, Nov. Revision: 82MIL)

THE MUST BUY LIST of 2010: Gran Turismo 5

THE BOUGHT LIST of 2010: White Knight Chrnociles, Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy 13, God of War 3, Modnation Racers, Sports Champions

NiKKoM said:

im done with this stupid argument. its hopeless sometimes.

Hard to explain things to people sometimes. I guess they didn't understand this line in the post:

"Doing that required designing a new server architecture, different than that used by traditional MMOs--we didn't want to shard groups of users into their own sessions on their own servers."