By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox and Xbox 360 Make Another "Best of the decade" list

FKNetwork said:
Very well deserved, another best of the decade winner in less than a week for the 360!, shows just how much the 360 has changed the console gaming world, expecting to see many more awards like this in the coming weeks.

Ps3, Wii, PS2 did nothing to change gaming, the 360 made huge changes making online gaming the standard along with many more innovations.

Well done!

I'll let you have PS3 / PS2 for argument's sake, but ignoring what the Wii has done for gaming? LOL

At least try to mask your preference a bit, FK :)

Around the Network
FKNetwork said:
Very well deserved, another best of the decade winner in less than a week for the 360!, shows just how much the 360 has changed the console gaming world, expecting to see many more awards like this in the coming weeks.

Ps3, Wii, PS2 did nothing to change gaming, the 360 made huge changes making online gaming the standard along with many more innovations.

Well done!

The Wii did nothing to change gaming?  How can anyone take you seriously after a statement like that?

OT ... Gratz to the 360, it did bring simplified online gaming to the masses.  

Tifa got MOVES!

papflesje said:
FKNetwork said:

Well done!

I'll let you have PS3 / PS2 for argument's sake, but ignoring what the Wii has done for gaming? LOL

At least try to mask your preference a bit, FK :)

The Wii bought motion controls to the masses, that is it, just because the Wii is popular doesn't mean it changed gaming, do you see the wii winning the best decade awards? no lol

Jinova said:
FKNetwork said:

Well done!

The Wii did nothing to change gaming?  How can anyone take you seriously after a statement like that?

Ok then, what exactly has the Wii done for gaming apart from being popular and bringing motion controls to the masses (motion controls were out before the wii), have a think and let me know lol

Well, I am a big Xbox 360 fan but at the same time I personally can't ignore that the Wii has made quite an impact on gaming as well. In fact, if you look at that same "best of the decade list" the Wii remote is on there too.

Anyway, where Nintendo does disappoint however is the fact that for the past 1-2 years they have made EXTREMELY weak software to go along with the Wii as opposed to Microsoft and Sony who both have had extremely strong line ups.

Around the Network
ghaleon1980 said:
Well, I am a big Xbox 360 fan but at the same time I personally can't ignore that the Wii has made quite an impact on gaming as well. In fact, if you look at that same "best of the decade list" the Wii remote is on there too. 

Yes, the Wii Remote, not the Actual Wii console. the Wii has done nothing for gaming apart from selling like hotcakes due to hype and allowing developers to sell loads of shovalware on the system.

DreamCast and PC had online gaming before Xbox

BladeOfGod said:
DreamCast and PC had online gaming before Xbox

Yes, I already said that earlier in this discussion to PC gaming's credit.  However, it was microsoft that made online gaming easy and available for the masses.  If Microsoft never entered the console gaming market 10 years ago who knows if online gaming would have the appeal it has today.  It seems that in today's pop-culture online gaming is becoming extremely commonplace and I think Microsoft has an integral part in that evolution. 

"easy and available for masses"

Yes, just like when they decided to charge 70$ for online play

lol @ fk: you're funny :) Dismissing something because it existed before, and glorifying something else for the exact same reason :) You don't work for the GameTrailer-GOTY board do you?