By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Todays conversation in the mall...

I've heard this similar conversation in Gamestop numerous times. It's a mother with her child talking to the gamestore employee. "Will this play the games we already have?"

Parents and families are big on reverse compatibility. In fact I don't know why anyone wouldn't be. Then again anything above $300 dollars is out of the range of most holiday presents anyway so that makes the Wii a shoe in by default for many regardless.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Two things: why did she tell him what hes getting for christmas?! Talk about ruining the surprise...
And also; this shows what I've been trying to tell people lately in here, your average consumer has gotten a lot more informed on products and specifications than before. The HD era is being ushered in, and most people manage to keep up with development.
As for this particular case, I'm sure an 8 year old is better off with a Wii than a PS3. Sony don't exactly go to great lengths to make their console kid friendly...

Yeah, i guess it's the internet and message boards working.  Just "mom" message boards.  Maybe that's where Sony and the others should be paying people to post!

I'm somehwhat shocked their care that much though.  I mean my parents never cared when I got my SNES that it wouldn't play NES games.  I guess it's thanks to the PS2. 

Of course... I never took down systems and just got a second TV anyway hooking 2 systems up per TV.  So..

dtewi said:
So you told the mother to buy him a Wii instead of a PS3 when he clearly wanted it but you didn't care? Didn't you tell them about the 60 or 80 GB? (or is Austrailia wacky)

So the children of Australia should be spoiled and always get the most expensive gadget availble no matter what? I sure hope that post wasn't serious

Where are all these mindless SOny fanboys coming these days? They are poppin outta the woodwork, why I have no idea....... 

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

But the Wii doesn't play any of the old PS2 games they have...? Couldn't they have bought an 80 gig? I'm confused... Did they have a Gamecube because if they didn't what's the point in getting a system based on B/C?

Just wait until Christmas when the kid finds out he got the wii and not the PS3 he wanted, he might kill his parents. He might come after shams too for saying to get the wii, i'd watch out shams

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
But the Wii doesn't play any of the old PS2 games they have...? Couldn't they have bought an 80 gig? I'm confused... Did they have a Gamecube because if they didn't what's the point in getting a system based on B/C?

Australia doesn't get 80 gigs i don't think.  They're like Europe arn't they?  40 gigs only and whatever 60 gigs are left over.

Shams your banned!!!

na.. you didnt say anything wrong. You used your video game knowledge when it was best suited. Maybe if LBP was out you would have put in a suggestion for the PS3 because LBP is awesome. lol

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I call BS on this one shams. Everyone knows that only mature 21+ people want PS.

j/k, is good that you use your knowledges to keep 'normal' people informed... if anyone tried that over this side of the Pacific, they would get a "mind your own business"... :P

Hell I remember my brother saving up to buy a SNES with his paper route because my parents wouldn't get us one for X-mas because it didn't play NES games. No BS, and we had 2 NES'es, it was all about the hookups on the TV and not wanting us to fight over the SNES like we did the NES (which is why we got 2). I actually have both of them now funny enough..and his SNES =P

Seriously though, this is just another tale in the "BC does matter!" saga. It doesn't matter to everyone obviously but it does matter to a lot of people.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Thanks for the anecdote, and thanks for informing customers.

It will be really interesting this Christmas to see how much BC affects sales.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.