By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The best game so far with the best graphics

Which games do you feel has the best graphic so far?

I also want to know how people distinguish and compare graphics.

Is it set to the highest setting?

How exactly do people know which has better graphics (anti-aliasing?), I really want to know.

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

Around the Network

Vib Ribbon:

Honorable mention:
Space invaders infinite gene

how people distinguish and compare graphics:
1. Put fanboy goggles on
2. Never admit that graphics on another system then your favorite is good
3. Pick one of the exclusives on your favorite system..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Wow thanks, that was really funny =)

@NiKKoM......ROFL that was priceless man, post of the week by far!
I would say Uncharted 2, KZ2, Crysis (on max settings). A worthy mention also goes out to Gears of War 2. PS3 is also capable of AA but does so differently to the 360 btw (figured I'd mention that). Lighting, shadows, great fps, not to mention no screen tearing nor popup is what makes those games top of the graphics list. It's also important to note that Zelda: TP has very good graphics considering the system it's on, and despite having a more cartoony feel to it, Muramasa is outright beautiful to look at.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

There are, in my opinion, three aspects to comparing graphics: technical, artistic, and overall. Overall graphics are defined by technical and artistic aspect, and that's what matters the most. However, because of the artistic aspect, good graphics are highly subjective... Which we all ought to know already.

Oh, and Crysis is still the graphics king. It looks so real.

Around the Network

Crysis (With lifesys mod), Killzone 2. I have not played Uncharted 2 so i don't know....

Something on PC with mods is my best guess, probably Stalker at this point given the latest update. If you're talking less than technical excellence then its the game which has the best artistry which could happen on any platform.

Tease.

Nice vids. To give a more serious answer, however, I view the visual image based on following:

1 - technical graphics - i.e. resolution, AA, lighting effects, character detail, frame rate, graphical effects (particle effects and the like) plus any issues - screen tear, dropped frames and the like

2 - art direction - the look of the assets in the game and their suitability for the title

If speaking purely about graphics technically then in general (there are always exceptions) better frame rate, higher resolution, no screen tearing, etc. = better graphics by comparison between titles. So 60 fps is better than 30 fps. 1080p is better than 720p. Higher resolution textures look better than lower resolution textures, etc.

As an example, Uncharted featured screen tearing plus some other issues, although on the whole it had very good graphics by other criteria.

Uncharted 2 however, has better graphics than Uncharted because it has far less graphical issues and at the same time features improvements in certain areas. So technically, it's fairly easy to say the graphics of Uncharted 2 are better than Uncharted.

(see how I avoided any cross platform comparisons? Wisely I suspect!)

However, for a more holistic judgment I consider Art Direction and then the game itself and the platform it's running on - for example I don't compare Super Mario Galaxy graphics technically to Killzone 2, what would be the point?

However, I would look at Super Mario Galaxy graphics/art direction relative to the title and it's platform and say they were very, very good.

Likewise I would do the same for Killzone 2.

I probably wouldn't overly try and compare them - I think you just get into silly attempts to compare apples and oranges when you do that.

When comparing similar titles, it depends on whether I'm considering purely the graphics or the more holistic view. As an example, if I look at the PS3 version of MW2 and Killzone 2, then technically I'd say both have very good graphics, that Killzone 2 has superior technical graphics in some aspects, however this is balanced by MW2's technical advantages in other areas, primary frame rate. Purely technically, I'd give Killzone 2 the nod as it excells more overall, but more holistically I'd see them pretty even, given their different goals and the 60fps frame rate advantage of MW2.

So that's how I view graphics.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Thanks so much Reasonable, not even PC magazine that I subscribe to tells me this.

lols, so much stuff about graphics