By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN ranks Final Fantasy series

I posted this 1 week ago:

FF VI (3) VS. FF VII
This is for all those old school players out there that have been playing FF before the whole "OMGZ FMV FFVII".

As it stands from the countless hundreds of hours even to over a thousand hours on the 2 games, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that these 2 game are great but let's not be fooled by the reasoning, we love the games and that's all that matters lol.

FFVII brought pretty much the introduction of the cinema type intro for the summoning,1st 3D FF ( was going to be on the N64, long story) FMV story, and Limit Breaks super. From there on they have had all 3 in each and every FF game to date.

FFVI is actually my favorite in the series and this needs a grand remake in 3D & HD. This was pretty much the real deal when it came to story, gameplay ( in an RPG I know) with Street fighter moves to pull off with a 2 player co-op in game battle, near limitless amount of item/gear customization and character build. This with a more adult cast of characters. There was something that started out as limit break when the character was near death they would do a desperation attack but that was really refined in FFVII ( yes I'm looking at you Omnislash). But the gameplay was more deep to the point that the amount of magic,lore, and other skills just gave the player so much more than just clicking( Vanish your enemies and X-Zone them for 1hit KO FTW).

To See the first real badass boss reach God like status ( Kefka) in HD would be dream. Fear not i do love Sephiroth a lot but he seemed more empty compared to Kefka(HEY! I have some sand on my BOOTS!! lol)

We all have our favorite but I'm sure to have the land of Magitech return and Materia, lot of fans would be happy.

PS: Still have FFVI in my SNES

Then I saw that top 10 on IGN few days after, I was like THANK YOU!

I want a 3D remaster of VI ( to much to ask?)

Monster Hunter Tri : Omegas

Behold! I am Omegas

Around the Network

this is such an outrage. once again FFVII haters join forces to keep the game down. FFVI is simply not that great(in comparison to 7) but for snes it was. FFVII should always b number 1 but people hate it now because its over exsposed. No other FF game garnered fans like VII did. List is dead to me for this very reason.

PS: and of course my opinion is what it is, check the name :)

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
this is such an outrage. once again FFVII haters join forces to keep the game down. FFVI is simply not that great(in comparison to 7) but for snes it was. FFVII should always b number 1 but people hate it now because its over exsposed. No other FF game garnered fans like VII did. List is dead to me for this very reason.

Reasoning flaw. 

You think PS3 is greater then Wii.  Yet think FF7 is best because it had those most fans.

It's your own opinion, but it's an intellectually dishonest one.

I've also thought of one more example.

Megaman.

Megaman 2 is considered by most the best Megaman game.

There is however a group of people who disagree... this group is largely populated by people who started with MM2.

After playing MM3 and MM4 first it's harder to appreciate MM2 because of the lack of slide and charge buster... even though MM2 is considered superior in pretty much all other aspects.

GREAT LIST!!!!!!!!!!

FF6 IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:

I have two copies of FF VII, including an unopened copy.  Until this thread, I didn't even know there were FF VII haters that are trying to keep the game down.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

@kasz
o come on ,everyone knows ffvii is the "it" game to hate on due to its popularity these days. and vii isnt better just cuz of its huge fanbase. its mathmatically superior in virtually every way.
better combat(limit break bars were the type of RPG specials, they actually felt special. MATERIA, enuf said)

best and most memorable hero-Cloud
best Villain(Kefka has NO depth to his villainy
best world(it felt alive eith midgar,gold saucer,junon, Aeris's church
best video game moments ever.

i like VI, but it belongs behind VII and X.

@Freetalk
so do i.they r everywhere these days. they r the ones who seemed compelled to bring up FFVI everytime FFVII is n a headline or getting another entry in the compilation.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
@kasz
o come on ,everyone knows ffvii is the "it" game to hate on due to its popularity these days. and vii isnt better just cuz of its huge fanbase. its mathmatically superior in virtually every way.
better combat(limit break bars were the type of RPG specials, they actually felt special. MATERIA, enuf said)

best and most memorable hero-Cloud
best Villain(Kefka has NO depth to his villainy
best world(it felt alive eith midgar,gold saucer,junon, Aeris's church
best video game moments ever.

i like VI, but it belongs behind VII and X.

@Freetalk
so do i.they r everywhere these days. they r the ones who seemed compelled to bring up FFVI everytime FFVII is n a headline or getting another entry in the compilation.

That's all your opinion but wow.  I wouldn't agree with a single one of those statements.

If you think Kefka had no depth to his villiany... you weren't paying attention.

Kasz216 said:

That's all your opinion but wow.  I wouldn't agree with a single one of those statements.

If you think Kefka had no depth to his villiany... you weren't paying attention.

Walk away

Khuutra said:
Kasz216 said:

Walk away

Haha I know.  Calling Kefka shallow though... wow.

Either way, i'd say FF4 is better then both of them objectivly.