By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was your first console?

My first taste of gaming was the Atari ST :)

Then that was followed with the Sega Mega Drive + Sonic 1 but it was dead out the box :(

My stepdad took it to Sega Europe HQ to complain and they gave him a Sega Mega Drive II + EA Sports Double Header as a way of saying sorry.

Best bit was that we got to keep Sonic 1 as well. So that's an updated model + 3 games for the price of an original one. Happy days.

Around the Network

The NES. I had the Commodore 64 before that, but even though it was about as close to being a console as a computer can get, it cannot count.

Should be a poll!
Intelliivision. best memories: Dungeons and Dragons Treasure of Tarmin - all 99 levels baby, the platinum book ruled. And the shortcut my brother found in auto racing.

Trying to convince me the Wii is a real adult game machine 'if you play it right' is like trying to convince me Tofu tastes great 'if you just cook it right'

NES

1st was ATARI and 2nd XBOX360!!

Around the Network

SNES!!I had a snes with super mario all stars super mario world and super the empire strikes back great times!!

I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me. What Video Game Character Are You?

My father has had a Colecovision and an intellivision after. The first one they bought for me was a NES.

eliasg said:
1st was ATARI and 2nd XBOX360!!

OMG! biggest gap I've ever seen

Atari 2600-October 1977

Xbox 360-November 2005

Although you didn't specify which ATARI

2010 Hardware Sales Predictions

Wii: 20m- Sales will drop, but not by much.

PS3: 13.5m- It sold 12m in 2009, its only common sense it will sell more this year.

Xbox 360: 11m- It sold 11m in 2008 and 2009, I think it will sell the same.

My Fanboy Speech...

Why do you have to make excuses to defend a product that you purchased, but that's the only connection you have to it, you don't make it, you don't lose or gain money on it. I don't see where all of the defensiveness comes in, there is no reason for you or anybody else to feel obligated to defend it. Now I would understand if one of you were a developer for the product and you slaved over said product only to hear somebody call it stupid or a piece of junk. But none of you developed it, none of you are mature enough to realize that. Choosing a product all comes down to preference, you chose said product because it is best for you. Simple as that!

PS1? I am too young=(

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

Pong