By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Medal of Honor Heroes 2 Impressions (they are good!)

@cringer8

So what order would you put the games in?

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Around the Network

@FreeTalkLive

The main part of your comment I disagree with is MoHH2 only selling 500,000 LT WW. That seems way too low. The order you put the games is close. I just think the numbers will be higher.

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK

Well, I did say 500,000+ :) I do see your points. My main problems with it are that it has to compete with a RE game and a Nintendo game. Additionally, the graphics don't seem all that great and it is not a system exclusive. Oh, plus I am not expecting any ads.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Yeah, I could be wrong. I just don't see those other games as direct competition. FPS fans only have one real choice this Christmas.

But you did say 500,000 LT (which I assume is meant as "lifetime"). You don't think that's pretty low? It is the first large-scale online shooter on the Wii. All we can do is wait-n-see, I guess :)

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK

I don't like to bet on First Week for First Month on Wii games Montana because they are just way too random and unpredictable.

As far as your points FTL, the PSP version will have no effect on the sales of the Wii version at all. The appeal of the Wii version is it's controls, and the graphics actually aren't bad. Especially if you watch a video of it. It's running at 60 FPS and it's night and day next to the PSP version. PSP software sells bad enough as it is, and to claim it's sales on multiplatform games will effect the console version makes no sense. Edit: That's not to say I necessarily disagree with your sales prediction. Just pointing out the flaw in your reasoning for it.

Around the Network

I personally cant see how the first wii FPS with online play (and 32 player) is ever gonna bomb and compared to other shooters. It's in a category of it's own and I think it's gonna sell well enough for online play to become a necessity for other devs in the future.

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

Hmm, well then the bet is impossible.

And who's predictions are you talking about? You didn't really specify.

What were the sales of Medal of Honor: Vanguard on Wii? I could not even find it in the database.

poor I think but it doesn't really matter - it's the online element that will sell this game about 60% of this game. Free online play for 32 people taking some really accurate shots at each other using the wiimote - there's gonna be some mental kills on this game and if it does run smoothly this will have legs as word of mouth spreads.

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

FreeTalkLive rocks! said:
What were the sales of Medal of Honor: Vanguard on Wii? I could not even find it in the database.

Probably pretty low, since the game was panned by critics for being generic and having poor hit detection.

Either way, I'm glad to see that this looks good. I've been waiting for a good Wii online FPS ever since I played through CoD3 Wii. (And speaking of which, if you see CoD3 Wii in the bargain bin, pick it up. The campaign is fairly short, but satisfying, and the Wii controls work extremely well.) Count me in for a purchase. :)

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom