By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Medal of Honor Heroes 2 Impressions (they are good!)

I don't care much of how well this game sells, this is how a Wii game should be made, and that's reason enough for it not to "bomb". This game is going to be the best FPS on Wii (gameplay/controls and online-wise) and its from a 3rd party developer who made games for the PSP.

This game is going to (hopefully) wake up other 3rd parties to make games with notable quality and not strictly cash-ins. The game is going to be good and that's what matters.

Wii Friend Code: 7356 3455 0732 3498 PM me if you add me

Around the Network

The problem with lifetime is that it could last weeks, months, or even years, assuming the game can stay on the charts.

It would have to be something like first week or first month sales.

I'm still on the fence. Not big on WWII, and I'm just about all FPSed out. I mean seriously how many can be released in a year?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

WWII or not, if it is a solid implementation of point and shoot FPS shooting on the Wii, I'm buying. Period. This has been on my radar for a while... I'm pretty much in.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

^ I'll see you online :)

First day purchase for me.

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
The problem with lifetime is that it could last weeks, months, or even years, assuming the game can stay on the charts.

The problem with first week and first month sales is they often don't tell the story of the liftime sales.  Examples?

Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree - First Week, 38K.  First Month, 100K.  Lifetime to this point: .86 million.
Pokemon Battle Revolution - First week 145k.  First Month, 200K.  Lifetime to this point: .61 million.

So no, I won't accept a bet on first week or first month, because those mean very little.  Especially on the Wii.  

I doubt it will sell 750k but I think it should do over 500k LT WW. There are 4 shooting games coming out within a few weeks of each other. The sales should go like this-
Link's Crossbow Training (me)
Resident Evil : UC (me rent)
Metal of Honor (me rent)
Ghost Squad (me)

All of the games should make a profit but Resident Evil may make the least because LCT will sell a ton of copies, Ghost Squad was made years ago, and MoH is multi-platform.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

First six months.

SW-5120-1900-6153

FreeTalkLive rocks! said:
I doubt it will sell 750k but I think it should do over 500k LT WW. There are 4 shooting games coming out within a few weeks of each other. The sales should go like this-
Link's Crossbow Training (me)
Resident Evil : UC (me rent)
Metal of Honor (me rent)
Ghost Squad (me)

All of the games should make a profit but Resident Evil may make the least because LCT will sell a ton of copies, Ghost Squad was made years ago, and MoH is multi-platform.

The other three in your list are on-rails shooters with no online (granted, MoHH2 has a light gun mode, but it's not the main gameplay option).  MoHH2 is the first "true" FPS to come to Wii since Metroid.  Also, it is better than Metroid in the controls department (based on customization alone) and it has 32 player online.

My prediction for sales by the end of the year: at least 400,000

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK

naznatips said:
MontanaHatchet said:

The problem with first week and first month sales is they often don't tell the story of the liftime sales. Examples?

Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree - First Week, 38K. First Month, 100K. Lifetime to this point: .86 million.
Pokemon Battle Revolution - First week 145k. First Month, 200K. Lifetime to this point: .61 million.

So no, I won't accept a bet on first week or first month, because those mean very little. Especially on the Wii.

Gahhhhh!

It's not about showing a flop, it's just a bet on first week or month sales.