By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just Dance: Decent Advertising, Strange sales and fun. A Sleepter hit?

I wanted to see peoples thoughts on the sales of this could be sleeper hit.

Just Dance 

It has already sold 340,000 after 5 weeks America and 4 weeks Europe with abysmal first week sales (21,560) but with ridiculous growth afterwards.

Besides the game being great embarrassing fun, it has some interesting points

- an offering only available on the wii
 - a pretty good advertising campaign
 - is well built but with no extra features

Now that last point is interesting because:
 1. Low risk investment (cheaper to develope)
 2. Relies solely on the core game experience (no frills or single player campaigns, challenged, tacked on story etc.)

Do you think sales will continuously grow becoming an evergreen sort of title?
Could this be the wii game which adds fuel to the fire of what wii development strategies should be? (Maybe jsut a few years late)

A penny for your thoughts ;)

Around the Network

Fun?

http://wii.ign.com/articles/105/1051389p1.html

I don't think so.

it's gonna be a big seller clearly. Having seen the advertisements i can see why it is doing so well. They have done a really good job pushing this game. It'll be a million seller for sure.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Another sad case of a below mediocre game selling on the Wii is what I think.

Boutros said:
Fun?

I don't think so.

DLC is clear milking, and they still make money. It sucks, but it's what happens.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Fun?

I don't think so.

Trust me, fun! Make sure to have played it before quoting on the fun scale of things though ;)

That review is actually great because it highlights what I was saying with the well built but with no extra features.

As the review says:
"There are no buttons to be pressed, no unlockables, no tiers of songs, no progression of any kind. You fire up the game, spaz out, and your motions are "graded" and you're given points."

It really is bare basics, relying on cultural songs and the basic gameplay but I would say far from mediocre. The review highlights that this isnt built for the core gaming culture.

wow 2.0, that's really sad.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Not really anything to say about the OP but something I have been wondering since I saw this game in the worldwide chart, is it based around some TV show or something? I don't follow these kind of show but I think their is a bunch of them about dancing and its boxart kind of remind me of something. Maybe it's just the Ipod commercial look though.

Oh and the guys who use a review, one from a big website at that, to say it's not fun when these elevated fanbody who call themselves "game journalist" wouldn't know a fun game from a retarded cutscene piece of shit if it chained them to the bed, pounded their ass and left its phone number on the nigthstand.

Persons without argument hide behind their opinion

Isn't this the game some guy made a video of on youtube showing it was actually an uber hardcore game?

I find it thoroughly amusing that a thread asking about the future sales potential of what is clearly growing to be a hit game is promptly responded to with lampooning of said game supposedly based on a quality scale.

More on topic, just what is it about this game? Why is it a big deal? Can someone explain it to me? I remember people bringing it up occasionally but never hearing much more than that - then I saw a commercial for it. People talk like it's a big game but it's not really getting any kind of buzz like I would expect...but it apparently selling a lot, so I guess that says something about it.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"