By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A boy and his blob?

I am looking very hard into getting this game, but the reviews say the controls are not good.  It even goes to say it takes away from the game itself.  I am a fan of puzzle platformers, but am also not of fan of horrible wii controls!!!  I'm looking to see if any of you have played this, because I would like some good input before I buy this one.

Around the Network

Rent it first, see for yourself, never trust reviews. Its on my to-buy list myself, currently sitting at around #9 in that order.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

I love the art style of this game, but most probably won't buy it as I suck at 2D platformers (I wasn't even able to finish LostWinds).

Controls suck? They're fine to me.

EDIT: Also there's no use of motion controls or waggle.

It's fine as far as constols go, maybe just a bit simplistic in that dept.

Around the Network

the reviewers can think the controls suck, but they are massively improved over the old NES version

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I got it for xmas and played it for a couple of hours yesterday. I had no issue with the controls.

I love the art style in the game, it looks beautiful, however I am not big on the gameplay.

Seemed to control fine though. I like hugging the little guy.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Great game, The controls are fine. Nothing overly wrong with this game imo the blob can be a little slow some times but that's my biggest - point.

Just did my best buy run for gift card use. Saw this game for $20, figured its worth the shot, gonna try it out tomorrow.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com