By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PSP Go was a MAJOR flop. We need to talk about it.

impur1ty said:
Kirameo said:
N.Genckel said:
Selling like the DS? What a joke. It's selling like a complete flop. People obviously don't want it. Your complete denial does not change that.

The PSP go is like a videogame spinoff. It's just another version of an existent and persistend product that id made wolely with the purpose of:

A) Making money (which it did)

B) Giving options (which it did)

It's not like it's the PSP2. If it was the PSP2 then it would be a MAJOR flop. Or if it was labeled the PSP4000 (meaning the continuation of the series). 

I don't consider it a flop.

Got a citation for point A?

No, but I highly doubt that it would take 250$ (250EUR in Europe) to make a PSP GO.

Around the Network

^^^There are many more costs associated than just the one you mentioned.

Kirameo said:
impur1ty said:
Kirameo said:
N.Genckel said:
Selling like the DS? What a joke. It's selling like a complete flop. People obviously don't want it. Your complete denial does not change that.

The PSP go is like a videogame spinoff. It's just another version of an existent and persistend product that id made wolely with the purpose of:

A) Making money (which it did)

B) Giving options (which it did)

It's not like it's the PSP2. If it was the PSP2 then it would be a MAJOR flop. Or if it was labeled the PSP4000 (meaning the continuation of the series). 

I don't consider it a flop.

Got a citation for point A?

No, but I highly doubt that it would take 250$ (250EUR in Europe) to make a PSP GO.

The cost of making something is not the only cost of making something.

Up until you hit a certain number of unit sales, the pure cost of something is much more then the cost of making it.

impur1ty said:

What about the profit made on software sales from people who were just interested in the PSP Go? Or the people that had an UMD and decided to rebuy the game in the PSN?

It wasn't a major flop, the market just needs time because everyone is used to the PSP.

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

Around the Network
Kirameo said:
impur1ty said:

What about the profit made on software sales from people who were just interested in the PSP Go? Or the people that had an UMD and decided to rebuy the game in the PSN?

Didn't take you long to change your tune, I see. Unfortunately, we have absolutely zero figures for those sales. We can, however, look at the hardware sales, examine the PSP's software ratio, and deduce that you're probably still wrong.

noname2200 said:
Kirameo said:
impur1ty said:

Didn't take you long to change your tune, I see. Unfortunately, we have absolutely zero figures for those sales. We can, however, look at the hardware sales, examine the PSP's software ratio, and deduce that you're probably still wrong.

I know, that deep in my heart, if I believe enough, I'm right. :)

Kirameo said:
noname2200 said:
Kirameo said:
impur1ty said:

I know, that deep in my heart, if I believe enough, I'm right. :)

You win this round. I'll get you next time, Gadget! *Shakes fist*

nitekrawler1285 said:
The only thing that is wrong with PSP Go is the pricetag.

^This.

Sorry for bad English.

kunaixhaku said:
N.Genckel said:
kunaixhaku said:
N.Genckel said:
kunaixhaku said:
it hasn't flopped sony knows what they r doin....and it is prob overperformin accordin to their expectations. If they really wanted to push psp go they would've and sony wouldn't promote more psp 3000 bundles...it's all good in the neghbourhood

lol

Sure, little buddy.

i guess you didn't see the results where sony stated the psp go is selling more than they expected which means they already knew it was gna sell less?? technically for them it's not a flop....

Oh! So Sony said it's not a flop!? Guess that's the truth then!

There has got to be a limit to how gullible you can be, fanboy or not.

everyone predicted low sales for the psp go.....i'm gna guess so did sony...just cuz it's not selling like the ds doesn't make a system a flop you can't make the world stop using a tangeable means of media over a few months buddy

It's not that it's not selling like the DS. It's that it's not selling like the PSP either.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"