By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - HotD: Overkill was downloaded 860,000 times...

HotD: Overkill was downloaded 860,000 times...

Total:0

Pirating Wii Sports Resort seems a little odd. You'd figure the included hardware would make it less convenient, since now you still need to go out and pick up a Motion Plus

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

Pirating Wii Sports Resort seems a little odd. You'd figure the included hardware would make it less convenient, since now you still need to go out and pick up a Motion Plus

But that way they saved $30

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Mr Khan said:

Perhaps if you already had controllers, but you still wouldn't be spending $30 anyway.

I don't know about Sam's Club, but we found and purchased a remote, nunchuck, and motion plus for a total of $60 at Costco after we purchased our Wii.

well, piracy sucks.... imagine if Wii had zero piracy what kind of software sales it would make

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Not really. I stand for both one download and one sale, but that does certainly not mean those would have been sales. If you think so, you are incredibly naive.

Around the Network

My wii drive started getting disk read errors so I downloaded a lot of games thatI already own and got a HDD for my wii, It is now my prefered way to play games as I never have to swap the disk around. But once you got it all on your wii it is very tempting to just download games you dont own to try them out.

As someone who copied large number of games in the amiga era I know that I never enjoy them as much as the games I purchase so its definatly worth still buying them.

The thing that annoys me even more than this is the preowned game market, I feel a lot more sales are lost due to this than lost with piracy, and it effects all consoles not just wii.

N.Genckel said:
Not really. I stand for both one download and one sale, but that does certainly not mean those would have been sales. If you think so, you are incredibly naive.

yeah, it doesn't mean that those would have been sales, but games could sell some more....

on the other hand, maybe those download act as promotion in some cases, more people get to know the game

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Seece said:
Hephaestos said:
If I had a cracked Wii, I would most definitely have DLed overkill.

But I don't and i'm not gonna buy it even at £5. I just can't justify buying a game i'm not gonna play (lack of time and too many similar games that I want a lot more to play).

lol? Why would you download it then, to stare at the title screen?

I'm what you'd call a collector... I need to have everything that is any good, so i'm also one of these guys with a shelf full of unopened games/DVDs, just because they rock...but doesn't have time to play them (I really should quit forums it's waisting playing time...).

Do you really think the guys downloading the SNES ALL ROMs torrents play all the games? that the guys that DL 100Gig a month worth of data use it all?

A big unthought of factor in piracy is people downloading just because they want to have it cause it's free. so when people say 30% would have bought, think again, it's more 30% of the 25% that actually played the game more than 2 hours total after DLing it...

(my personnal monthly usage of bandwith on my Iphone is about 3 Gigs.... cause I get all the cool free aps... never use most of them though... yeah it's a sickness I know)

Hey at least I don't spend $5000 on a rare stamp....

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

I downloaded Overkill from MegaUpload, I played it once, got bored. I enjoy hacking my Wii more than playing it. Setting up the emulators all nicely with banners etc.

WhaT a shame

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !