By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - First Natal game possibly revealed at a holiday party for Xbox 360!

I think if anything it shows a commitment by Microsoft to core games using Natal

Around the Network
Netyaroze said:
Hmm

I can imagine this game could be played with Gem atleast as good as with Natal.
They have to show things which cant be done with Gem/Wiimote this is not really impressive.
This reminds me of the Virtual Boy. Nintendo has actually a device to make 3d graphics but the games doesnt need to be 3d.

Another thing is how long can you play this way. This is not revolutionary at all.
How they are going to use Natal in Fable thats interesting.

It could go either way fail or be a success. It depends on the software.

Same here, I don't know how can ppl last playing for hours(fable or Halo) waving their wrist in diffrent directions every min.

XxXProphecyXxX said:
Netyaroze said:
Hmm

They have to show things which cant be done with Gem/Wiimote this is not really impressive.
This reminds me of the Virtual Boy. Nintendo has actually a device to make 3d graphics but the games doesnt need to be 3d.

Another thing is how long can you play this way. This is not revolutionary at all.

Same here, I don't know how can ppl last playing for hours(fable or Halo) waving their wrist in diffrent directions every min.

obviously this is a proof of concept... it shows that it can pick up finger movements as well

uhhgggg ok, that made me tired just watching and i do sports at collage 5 times a week!
just like Wii, Netal needs to find its right games and it could be big

PlaystaionGamer said:
uhhgggg ok, that made me tired just watching and i do sports at collage 5 times a week!

You get tired calmly waving your hands in the air for two minutes?

Some how I find it hard believe you do anything that requires any sort of strenuous sustained activity for five times a week if that's true.  :-p

I guess you could be talking about chess as a sport but generally people who play chess can spell. 

Around the Network

Did anybody notice that his score at the end was 475?

The score in the top left never seems to go above 2000. For geometry wars that's pathetic. A trained chimp could do better.

Ive played GW with Nintendo's and 360's classic controller, M/KB and wiimote/nunchuk and scored waaayyy over 475 with each setup. If Natal doesn't work with the simplest of arcade games how is it ever going to handle anything more complex?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Netyaroze said:
Hmm

Just curious, how exactly does this remind you of Virtua Boy?

Eye Toy Kinetic was a bit difficult and you had to exercise a lot that you were ended up exchausted hope this thing won 't do you the same

JaggedSac said:
Netyaroze said:
Hmm

Just curious, how exactly does this remind you of Virtua Boy?

The video reminds me of it. Virtual boy had games which were 2d, the game concepts of the 9 games could be made on every other device with ease and nothing would have changed. The games of Virtualboy doesnt profited of the 3d hardware. Geometry wars doesnt profited of Natal like controls. Its just senseless to make games work with it which could be controlled better or atleast as good with a controller. Natal needs games which couldnt be done with a controller. Natal  games have to take full advantage of the technology aslong as there is no advantage in controlling the game with Natal there is no need for it. Wii games profit from the Wiimote. Geometry wars can be played perfectly with a standard controller. natal needs games which are impossible without it or atleast can be played with it and the controls are better. Nobody will see a sense in a device which doesnt improve the game experience---> Virtual boy. 

This is why natal needs other software not this.

^^I see what you were saying now, thanks. I agree with you. How do you feel about the upcoming push for 3D stuff?