By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The real video game war..... 16Bit! Vote for your fav!

The real video game war..... 16Bit! Vote for your fav!

TurboGrafx-16 / PC Engine 8 3.98%

Sega Mega Drive / Genesis 45 22.39%

Super Nintendo Entertainment System 143 71.14%

Neo Geo 5 2.49%

Total:201

The failure of the Neo Geo was Piracy; The Neo Geo was making a profit but at the end of the 90's begin 2000 the most games were pirated.

Btw, Sega mega drive for me.

Around the Network

I love the SNES, but playing sports games with my older brother on the Genesis at the time tops the SNES. So I have to vote for the Genesis. I love both systems though.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Sega Genesis for me because of Sonic, Streets of Rage, and sports games. I'd take the entire collection of Sonic over all the platformers the SNES has to offer, and I've logged hundreds of hours into Streets of Rage 2, constantly trying to get better at it (I've yet to beat the game starting with 1 life, no continues, on Mania difficulty). Sonic 3 & Knuckles is my favorite platformer of all time.

It's odd though, considering the SNES is home to many games that I love.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

i prefered the Genesis.
even though Final fantasy was on SNES , but i liked the sexy Genesis more.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

I thought it was over. But I still have flashbacks.....of those who died during the War of the 16-bit. So much blood. So much blood. I tried to put it behind me.......BUT SOME OF YOU GUYS ARE SAYING THAT YOU LIKED THE GENESIS MORE!

*takes medication*

Around the Network

I'll happily sit here today and admit that the SNES had more all-time classics than the Megadrive, but if you'd suggested that to me in 1993 you would have been met with a multitude of reasons why the Megadrive was my system of choice (the main one, in truth, being that my dad bought me one).  In the early 90's though, there's no way I thought the grass was greener on the other side (more shades of green perhaps, but how many shades of green can the human eye actually detect?  Hmm?).  For my twelve year old self, Sonic was better than Mario.  Mortal Kombat had blood.  Nigel was a better hero starring in a better adventure than Link (with a better name).  Vectorman had snazzier graphics than Donkey Kong Country.  My version of Aladdin was better.  I could plug headphones in.  The 32X was going to be great.  The machine looked a bit nicer.  And so on.

So if we're talking favourite (as we are), +1 vote for Sega.

Some of my all-time faves are Megadrive exculsives:  Dynamite Headdy, Landstalker, Shining Force II, El Viento, Magical Hat Turbo Adventure, Sonic 2, Sonic 3+Knuckles, Rocket Knight Adventures, Ecco The Dolphin 1&2 (am I the only person who genuinely loved these to bits?), Red Zone, Streets of Rage 2, Toejam & Earl 1&2.   

I had both a Genesis and a SNES and Nintendo console was my favourite, no doubt about it.

Super Mario World
Super Mario World: Yoshi's Island
Donkey Kong Country franchise
A link to the Past
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG

With those alone is more than necesary, but we could add FF franchise, Chrono Thrigger, Super Metroid, Star Fox, etc.

Bladeforce said:
I personally would say the 8 bit era was the most fought but hey :) Seen as this is a 16bit thread I would have to say the amiga thrapwashes the snes and genesis into oblivion but if you never heard of the amiga (please come back to real gaming lol) The snes was the best console by a mile. Neogeo was cool but way too expensive. After playing Rock n Roll Racing on the snes i just couldnt bear to play any genesis games, the music was just so awesome!! Not only that secret of mana was on the snes, NO BRAINER!

fair point in bringing up the amiga, i forgot about that tbh and the atari ST. i still way prefered the snes and megadrive but i think those computers def deserve a nod.

ill get away with it by keeping this as a 16bit 'console' war

Super Nintendo because of FINAL FANTASY.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Genesis, I just recently bought the sega genesis collection for PS3 =P

mM