By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Genres you wish would just die off

Jumpin said:
MRFENIX said:

Is there any genres you wish would die off? Why would you wish that?

My list:

1. Jrpg:s

They are so boring and always just the same. Same story, same boring cliches. Can't stand them.

2. Platformers

I don't understand how some people could actually enjoy this genre. All you do is jump and collect some lame coins/stars. Boring.

3. Minigames

These are so shallow and boring. Can't stand them at all.

I wish trolls who posted troll posts would be banned.

I really liked your unedited post a lot more.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Games that say they have more than 4 within their packages

**Super Party Game has 10 games in one!!!! Get it now for $20 new!!!!!!!!!!*****

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Jumpin said:
MRFENIX said:

Is there any genres you wish would die off? Why would you wish that?

My list:

1. Jrpg:s

They are so boring and always just the same. Same story, same boring cliches. Can't stand them.

2. Platformers

I don't understand how some people could actually enjoy this genre. All you do is jump and collect some lame coins/stars. Boring.

3. Minigames

These are so shallow and boring. Can't stand them at all.

I wish trolls who posted troll posts would be banned.

I am not too familiar with the nerd-lingo so could you please say that in English?

MRFENIX said:
RageBot said:
And I must ask... how come we are getting to many Platformers and JRPGs? These are the genres who got the LEAST games this gen |:

What JRPGs/Platformers did you play anyway?

Me? Last jrpg I played was FF X-2 on ps2. After that crap, I decided never to touch a jrpg again. Last platformer I played was New Super Mario bros which I got for this christmas and super mario galaxy. I did not see any difference on those games compared to old platformers or mario 64.

Ok, I will stop you right there man, FF X-2 is by far the worst final fantasy period, it was considered a spinoff of final fantasy X which was actually pretty good, but FF X-2 was just horrible. If you still have your ps2 I highly suggest getting valkyrie profile 1 (ps1 game) and valkyrie profile 2: Silmeria (ps2 game). First off the battle system is action packed (starts off with medium action but after a couple of hours you're doing full fledged combos). The premise of valkyrie profile is that you are one of the 3 valkyries that govern death. Once a mortal dies valiantly in battle, you can choose them to join your army in Asgard for the upcoming war: Ragnarok. You get to see the staples of Norse mythology Thor, Loki, Freya, Odin, etc. You also get to see MANY different stories of each character (close to 30 characters i believe), as well as the moments leading to their death, in which case you take their souls into yourself and prepare them for Ragnarok. There are several branching storylines and 3 different endings. The fighting system has a full fledged combo system. You should really check these 2 games out. Oh and Valkyrie Profile 2 improves upon the fighting system and the story only continues to get interesting (some of the best voice acting also by Liam O'Brien who plays Lezard Valeth in VP2).

WRPG's

Around the Network

I don't want any genre to die off because I like games in every genre.

Comment to the maker of this thread: Don't play games by 'genre', play games by the individual game. Also your choices reek of 'I hate Japanese games'.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

onikenshi said:
MRFENIX said:
RageBot said:
And I must ask... how come we are getting to many Platformers and JRPGs? These are the genres who got the LEAST games this gen |:

What JRPGs/Platformers did you play anyway?

Me? Last jrpg I played was FF X-2 on ps2. After that crap, I decided never to touch a jrpg again. Last platformer I played was New Super Mario bros which I got for this christmas and super mario galaxy. I did not see any difference on those games compared to old platformers or mario 64.

Ok, I will stop you right there man, FF X-2 is by far the worst final fantasy period, it was considered a spinoff of final fantasy X which was actually pretty good, but FF X-2 was just horrible. If you still have your ps2 I highly suggest getting valkyrie profile 1 (ps1 game) and valkyrie profile 2: Silmeria (ps2 game). First off the battle system is action packed (starts off with medium action but after a couple of hours you're doing full fledged combos). The premise of valkyrie profile is that you are one of the 3 valkyries that govern death. Once a mortal dies valiantly in battle, you can choose them to join your army in Asgard for the upcoming war: Ragnarok. You get to see the staples of Norse mythology Thor, Loki, Freya, Odin, etc. You also get to see MANY different stories of each character (close to 30 characters i believe), as well as the moments leading to their death, in which case you take their souls into yourself and prepare them for Ragnarok. There are several branching storylines and 3 different endings. The fighting system has a full fledged combo system. You should really check these 2 games out. Oh and Valkyrie Profile 2 improves upon the fighting system and the story only continues to get interesting (some of the best voice acting also by Liam O'Brien who plays Lezard Valeth in VP2).

That was the last game I played. I also played FF X which was actually even more boring than FF X-2. I am not going to bother with ancient games, sorry. :)

Kenryoku_Maxis said:

Comment to the maker of this thread: Don't play games by 'genre', play games by the individual game. Also your choices reek of 'I hate Japanese games'.

Do you have a problem if someone hates japanese games? That could actually be true in my case. I can't think of a single good japanese game.

MRFENIX said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:

Do you have a problem if someone hates japanese games? That could actually be true in my case. I can't think of a single good japanese game.

Oh no brother, go with it.  More power to you.  XBOX forevah.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

MRFENIX said:
Diablos1979 said:

Why would any genre need to die off in the first place? It's the same as with movies or music, if you don't like the genre just don't watch it, listen it or play it. Simple as that!

Because those genres take resources from developers who might make games which I would like.

Very unlikely. Developers who focus on games you don't like would probably not exist in the first place without the genre.

Collecting free bitcoin @ https://freebitco.in/?r=5970871