By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Dragon Quest VI Trailer - Jump Fiesta 2010

Dragon Quest VI DS, which is set to release in Japan on January 28th and is still awaiting a release date for Europe and North America, had a new preview at this years Jump Fiesta 2010 (which did indeed take place in 2009).  The third and final remake in the Dragon Quest series for DS, this is the first time this title has ever been remade since its original launch in 1995 on the SNES.  And once it arrives in the west, it will be the first time it ever is released outside of Japan.

This game comes just 6 months after the bombshell of Dragon Quest IX and literally weeks after Final Fantasy XIII is releasing in stores.  Will Lightning be striking a fourth time for the famed Japanese RPG series?  Will this title meet the same cold reception from western audiences and SquareEnix marketing consultants outside of Japan as its predecessors?  Only time will tell.

Dragon Quest VI - Jump Fiesta 2010 Preview

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network

man, this game looks so good! can't wait...

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

'Only Time Will Tell'?
Or common sense. Obviously it will be a hit in Japan, obviously not so much over here.
I'll still buy it though. Been playing Dragon Warrior games since I was like 9 years old, one of my all time favorite series.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Hmm, I'm glad SE is doing this. I never had the chance to play the old ones but I'll have 4-9 in a short time.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

blaydcor said:
'Only Time Will Tell'?
Or common sense. Obviously it will be a hit in Japan, obviously not so much over here.
I'll still buy it though. Been playing Dragon Warrior games since I was like 9 years old, one of my all time favorite series.

Nintendo has come forward stating they want to promote Dragon Quest IX outside of Japan.  What's to stop SquareEnix from starting to promote other games in the series if Dragon Quest IX gets popular here?

Though they obviously did cut all marketing after Dragon Quest VIII and Monsters: Joker showed interest from western audiences.  So you now see where my comments come from.  Its up to SquareEnix to put forth the effort to actually market the game outside of Japan, which Dragon Quest IV and V DS had absolutely none.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network

They should port DQ8 to the Wii, and build an audience there for when DQX drops in a couple years.

I hope this series does well in the West; I don't mind it being around :)

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
blaydcor said:
'Only Time Will Tell'?

Nintendo has come forward stating they want to promote Dragon Quest IX outside of Japan.  What's to stop SquareEnix from starting to promote other games in the series if Dragon Quest IX gets popular here?

Though they obviously did cut all marketing after Dragon Quest VIII and Monsters: Joker showed interest from western audiences.  So you now see where my comments come from.  Its up to SquareEnix to put forth the effort to actually market the game outside of Japan, which Dragon Quest IV and V DS had absolutely none.

Well, DQ8 had some excellent marketing in that FFXII demo!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

beautiful!!! cannot wait, I wanted to play this one for a looong time. hopefully it doesn't take half a century to localize it

Wow, what a great trailer.

Feels like they ripped that orchaestra song from Fire Emblem.  Otherwise it was an okay trailer.