By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did Sony destroy their chance of good Christmas PS3 sales in Europe/Others?

I just wanted to say tell NJ that the combo of Bloodlust and Haste/D&D > Hummies all day long. ALL DAY LONG.

1v1 GoW EF?

Around the Network
darthdevidem said:
@NJ5

you keep ignoring for JUST £50 more you got 2 free games & an extra controller

THAT completely killed off any potential 40GB had in the first place

you need to realise on the front cover it will show 2 GAMES + a controller and say ONLY £349.99

while the 40GB next to it will be £299 without these 2 things....

No I didn't ignore that, which you can verify by reading my previous posts. I just doubt Sony will introduce such a good bundle with the 40 GB model. That, together with the loss of BC and the fact that many people are still looking for a 60 GB PS3, can very well lead to lower PS3 sales than if they just kept the 60 GB model in the market.

I do agree that they can still save themselves if they offer some good bundles!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@NJ5

well that time will tell, if they are in due course of making bundles it should happen by the end of this month....

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Here is what I think

first off, has the PES bundle come out yet? If it hasnt then ofcourse sales havent exploded. I do think it will top te 360 in Others for the rest off the year what do you think?

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

I don't think Sony affected their Christmas performance significantly. Their Christmas performance will depend a lot on whether they can release any good bundles for the holidays -- the 40GB model wouldn't be enough to guarantee a good holiday season, but it could be a start. However, if the Wii is in stock around Europe this holiday Sony has a good chance to lose some mind share and market share unless they can make it even more attractive from a price standpoint, since it isn't attractive enough from a games standpoint for many consumers.

Around the Network

That said. I expect PS3 to have a good X-mas. Since, it's nearly impossible to have a good X-mas.

I think they would be having a better X-mas if they kept around a backwords compatable model... however some people who want BC will put up with it, since they think they've missed their chance.

Also i'm sure some people will pick it up with the Spiderman bundle to use soley as a BR player.

Then you've got the people who won't even know the PS3 doesn't do BC anymore until they get them home.

Besides. You have to buy things at X-mas. And if all someone wants is a PS3. Then there is nothing to get but the PS3, even if it's not the version they wanted. It's better you get them that then something they don't want like socks or can't use like a gift certificate.

Soriku said:
zackblue said:
Here is what I think

first off, has the PES bundle come out yet? If it hasnt then ofcourse sales havent exploded. I do think it will top te 360 in Others for the rest off the year what do you think?

Er.... well PES 2008 got released in EU 10/26/07, but the bundle I'm not sure of.

No official bundles, but amazon are doing it cheaper. Anyway, the game had some problems with framerate, although they are very tiny judders, but it does hurt your eyes after extended playing

I think that Sony must have expected the 60GBs to go quickly, so that they could introduce the 80GB to Europe, we all know that it is coming, I would guess that would be £350 and both come with a game (ratchet/uncharted/pes/old choice for EU free games). However, what I am certain of it that an 80GB will come, Sony will not leave Europe without BC

add me

@Soriku

angry customers...won't happen

as there is ONLY 20 GB's of difference + bundle won't have 2 games but only 1

so basically you save £40 instead of 20GB more....

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Soriku stop repeating yourself! We read it the first time!

I got the 60GB PS3 with: Heavenly Sword, Motorstorm, 2 sixaxis controllers, Babel and Spiderman 3 on Blu ray for £349.99. I could have got the 40GB PS3 on its own for £299.99. But for the extra £50 it is more than worth it. I think this is the reason for the 90-10 split on 60GB-40GB PS3's. Not BC.

I am predicting 1.3-1.5M sales for the PS3 in Europe for the rest of the year.

NJ5 are you overlooking that the Wii also dropped hard this week? Maybe just a slow week?