By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Gears of War for PC, whos getting it?

I will be getting it, the lag in multiplayer on the 360 just sickens me (europe to america) and i want to play the multiplayer (yes which i do enjoy) without lag and want the extra chapters.

Around the Network

Games for Windows Live is the dumbest thing ever, playing online for PC is usually free with the exception of MMOs usually.

PC Gamer

I never even knew a LIVE Gold subsciption existed for PCs....what a joke.

There are plenty of quality FPS shooters for free online play on the PC, why would I want to pay for this?
GJ keeping away potential customers and eliminating client runned servers Microsoft.  They really want to 'Xbox Live'-atize the PC gaming huh?

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

I think that its a mistake and you only need a Live Silver subscription which is free for PC. Thats what I remember reading anyway.

PC Gamer
ihira said:
I never even knew a LIVE Gold subsciption existed for PCs....what a joke.

There are plenty of quality FPS shooters for free online play on the PC, why would I want to pay for this?
GJ keeping away potential customers and eliminating client runned servers Microsoft. They really want to 'Xbox Live'-atize the PC gaming huh?
Yes - I also think that Microsoft's ultimate dream though is to have PC's be more or less Xbox 360's (i.e. - very closed platforms, as opposed to what they are now) that would have pay-per-use (tolls) for every little thing you do. Want to write a text document? That'll be ten cents. Want to play Halo 5? That's fifty cents per playing session. Want to rip a song off of a music CD that you already own without paying? Don't even think about it! etc. etc. etc....

Around the Network

I started playing Halo2 on PC when it released and found the game play technically the same but a very different experience. I have GOW for PC on my list now for the holidays. I grew up on FPS on PCs but have since fallen in love with them on consoles with their simpler controls. However, for real control, you can absolutely own your component from a PC if you know your keyboard and mouse controls.

It's kind of fun slipping back and forth on the same game between 360 and PC as you find new ways on one side and apply them on the other.

Highly recommend you try if you haven't experienced this already.

Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand.

Doubt I'll get it...Viva Pinata is interesting me though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I will get it at some point when I fix my PC, definitely want to try the extra chapters. @Benkenobi: you literally play the 3 classes I least play in TF2.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Hmmm... Will it run under wine?

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I have too many other games right now, and my graphics card isn't up to this game.