By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Gears of War for PC, whos getting it?

Gears of War for PC comes out tomorrow.  Who here will be getting it?  I don't own a 360 or any next gen consoles and this game has interested me.  I am planning on getting it at somepoint but probably not until Christmas time.  I'm glad I can play it with a mouse and keyboard rather than a 360 controller!

PC Gamer
Around the Network

What are the system requirements to run it? I might pick it up for the PC if I don't purchase a 360.

I'm gonna try it out at least - I'm either gonna get a demo if one pops up or just download the game. If it runs as well as the UT3 demo did on my PC and I enjoy it then I'll definitely buy it :)

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

Processor 2.4+ GHz Intel; 2.0+ Ghz AMD
RAM 1 GB
Hard Drive 12 GB free hard drive space
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce 6600+, ATI X700+
Online Multi-player: Broadband Internet Connection, Games for Windows -- LIVE Gold Subscription

A bit high but still not to bad anymore. If you build your PCs then you can easily make one better than that for not to much money.

PC Gamer

Requierements if I remember correctly are 2.4 Ghz CPU, 1GB RAM, and RadeonX700/GeForce6600 videocard. Not so bad, but still I'm not interested on this one :P

Around the Network

I think I'll stick with the 360 version because I don't want to buy it again and there no way my comp can play that and I'm to cheap to upgrade.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

Online Multi-player: Broadband Internet Connection, Games for Windows -- LIVE Gold Subscription

Whats this?
You need Xbox live GOLD to play online on PC???

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

Who in their right mind would actually pay for that steaming-pile-of-garbage Games for Windows Live if they don't have a 360?
If they already have an Xbox Live Gold account, they won't be getting this game because they already have the original version.

SQL will.

ihira said:

Whats this?
You need Xbox live GOLD to play online on PC???

yes.. and thats why most games for windows games dont sell at all. Live on PC = fail 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453