By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII first (real) English review - RPG Land 7/10

Square had an opportunity to create another signature minigame that is fully fleshed out and involved that has nothing to do with battling or whatnot (of course im talking about games like blitzball and all those) yet they decide to do nothing... That pisses me off, do they not care what the fans want? I would be completely fine with everything else, although not having nice towns to travel to and interact with tons of npc's sounds a little annoying, I could get over that too. I was just hoping for something like blitzball that would steal away hours and hours of my life, instead they turned this game into one LONG action game. Ill still buy it, but I hope that versus XIII takes a different design approach and gives us something to do when the game is over, I loved going after ultimate weapons in ffX and maxing everyone out, I had a game save with over 150 hours of work on that game just to max everyone out. All I want is a better looking FFIX, or VIII, or even VII. Looks like this wont be it... sucks.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

This guys gave Valkyria Chronicles 10 as far as I remember.

Play my LittleBigLove level: search keywords "LittleBigLove realil"

LJ (Russian): http://realill.livejournal.com

qmoney88 said:
Square had an opportunity to create another signature minigame that is fully fleshed out and involved that has nothing to do with battling or whatnot (of course im talking about games like blitzball and all those) yet they decide to do nothing... That pisses me off, do they not care what the fans want? I would be completely fine with everything else, although not having nice towns to travel to and interact with tons of npc's sounds a little annoying, I could get over that too. I was just hoping for something like blitzball that would steal away hours and hours of my life, instead they turned this game into one LONG action game. Ill still buy it, but I hope that versus XIII takes a different design approach and gives us something to do when the game is over, I loved going after ultimate weapons in ffX and maxing everyone out, I had a game save with over 150 hours of work on that game just to max everyone out. All I want is a better looking FFIX, or VIII, or even VII. Looks like this wont be it... sucks.

sry thats a lie. those things are in ff13, and neogaf ppl hve finished it and they are finding those weapons and doing monster hunts and so on. apart frm this i hope this game dusnt do well so square go bck to making ps1 ff type games

Fab_GS said:

RPG Land FF reviews:-

Final Fantasy I & II (GBA) = 8/10
Final Fantasy III (DS) = 7/10
Final Fantasy IV (GBA) = 8/10
Final Fantasy IV (DS) = 9/10
Final Fantasy V (GBA) = 7/10
Final Fantasy VII = 10/10
Final Fantasy VIII = 8/10 - 6/10 (second opinion)
Final Fantasy IX = 7/10
Final Fantasy X = 8/10
Final Fantasy X-2 = 6/10
Final Fantasy XII = 9/10
Crisis Core: FFVII = 6/10

Reviews here:-
http://rpgland.com/games/reviews/

Hey these ainn't too bad. VII's too high but otherwise this is pretty respectable.

Xelloss said:

Meh.

The most frustrating part, is all the good things this review has to say about the music and voice acting will be null and void after Squeenix gets done butchering the english localization.

Imagine this review, but with really annoying , immersion-breaking voice work.

Eh. XII showed that, when they put their minds to it, Squeenix does some of the best localizations in the business, if not the best.

Around the Network

For what we seen from previous the english dub is looking pretty great, but am totally hating Fang's voice, why does she have a irish accent? It really detracts from her overall sex appeal to me.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

im not liking the non exploration aspect ano towns shops etc.

i guess they felt pressured into making it more modern experience, some may like it some not.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Lastgengamer said:
zexen_lowe said:
Lastgengamer said:
Is rpgland.com a fair review site? because this is somewhat disappointing to me.

Well, given that they gave a 6 to Crisis Core (and it was reviewed by some family of this reviewer, given they have the same surname), one has to wonder if they are to be trusted at all...

Still, the score scale they use is weird, to say the least, I never saw a use of 6 as "good" or of 7 as "very good"....

Interesting, I'd say Crisis Core deserves a higher score then that more like 8.5 but that's just me.           

As for me, Crisis Core is a 3/10 game. The scores they've given to other FFs, except for VII and IX, are pretty much spot on for me.

good review is good enough for me.

These guys are pretty harsh reviewers in general, so take it with a grain of salt. I think I'm gonna love this game, from the previews/reviews.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.