By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Manga Discussion Thread

Seinen? whats that?

By the way is Saint Seiya anygood?

Around the Network

seinen is for the ojii-sans out there!

Shounen is young boy, Seinen is mature/older boy (ie. 18+)
Just like Shoujo to Josei.

seinen is for ojii-sans
josei is for obaa-sans

Packie said:
r505Matt said:
Packie said:
r505Matt said:
I stopped reading DGM after chapter 80 or so, got kind of bored, I plan to check it out again later though, but who knows.
What seinen stuff do you read? I read a little bit of everything, but I don't necessarily readily remember everything easily.

Well it really picks up during the Noah's ark arc up to chapters 140-150'ish were things start to get really awesome but to me DGM went downhill after it changed to a monthly release.

To be honest, I dont read a lot of seinen myself nowadays. I used to read a lot before. stuff like Akumetsu, Vinland Saga, battle royale, Hellsing, Shin Angyo Onshi, Berserk and so on.

Vinland Saga is great! It seems like it's starting to pick up again.

Akumetsu was very good too, and so was Battle Royale (there's a second one too right? I can't remember if that finished or if I just lost track of it)

Shin Angyo Onshi... I don't know if I read that but it's familiar, I'll check a little later.

Haven't even checked Hellsing, and I could never get into Berserk. I heard it's AMAZING after like chapter 100 but I can't get past 30 usually, I start to lose interest around there. It is on my list of "suck it up and get to the good part" manga.

Ever check out Holyland? 20th Century Boys? Aiki (kind of shounen anyways... kind of)? Basilisk is pretty cool too. Oh, and Historie is very cool, I like it more than Vinland Saga. Let's see, Ikigami, Kurosagi, Liar Game, to name a few. All good.

But my favorite seinen BY FAR is Ubel Blatt. Ubel Blatt is in my top 5 all time with Id (Manwha, shounen), One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, and 1/2 Prince (shounen/shoujo Manhua). I've tried recommending Id and Ubel Blatt here many times, but I don't think anyone has checked them out yet -.- They don't get releases regularly, but I think I like them both more than HxH and OP overall. Both have AMAZING stories. Can't talk about either without giving a lot of stuff away though.

I didn't know Battle Royale had a second season(or something) I didn't even finish the first one lol.

I highly recommend Shin Angyo Onshi, one of my favorite mangas of all time and plus its finished so you dont have to worry about slow updates.

yeah I know, Berserk is very slow in the beginning but believe me you're missing out on a lot of crazy shit. pick it up again if you have time.

heard about holyland, basilisk, and Historie but haven't read them. Aiki was pretty cool and funny, I'll probably pick it up again.

Ubell Blatt was decent even though I found first couple of chapters to be slow and boring. I admit things start to get good around chapter 20 something.

haven't heard about Id but I'll probably check it out.

You two got great taste in Manga's just mentioning Berserk and Akumetsu is enough to know that you do, I'll try reading Ubel Blatt today since you recommended it Matt and Shin Angyo Onshi straight after.

I should pick up Aiki aswell sooner or later.

Invisible and NFG should take their Yaoi out of this place!

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Around the Network

WTF!???? I HATE YAOI!!!!!!

Okay let me para-phrase take your ikemen out of here!

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

NOOOO, i dont want too ;-;

I'm going to check out Berserk very soon, I've put it off long enough =P

Ubel Blatt starts a little slowly, but gets cool around chapter 30, then AMAZING later.

Now to just get some of you guys to read Id.

YOU GUYS ARE ALL OJI-SANS!