By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Demon's Soul worth $60?

I remember when I was high on crack cocaine... Demon's Souls helped me turn my life around.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

If you like hardcore WRPGs then yes. I did say hardcore so make sure you're willing to take the journey before you step into the boat.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
If you like hardcore WRPGs then yes. I did say hardcore so make sure you're willing to take the journey before you step into the boat.

i seriously don't remember a post by you that isn't a joke or a sarcasm or troll-ish in a looooooooonggggg time

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

chris1_16 said:

As I was opening my gifts this morning, my mom promised me another game (don't know what I did to deserve another game but....whatever)

Demon's Soul looks pretty interesting (mainly for the online). Is it worth $60?

Am I on vgchartz right now?

If you answered yes, that's your answer.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Yes, easily. But it's not worth $60 to everyone.

I recommend reading this -- it's a thorough review/analysis of Demon's Souls: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=25238

If you're still interested, go for it.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network
Severance said:
Squilliam said:

i seriously don't remember a post by you that isn't a joke or a sarcasm or troll-ish in a looooooooonggggg time

Thanks.

Tease.

Given it is now an official GOTY game for 2009 I'd say yes, it's worth $60 (USD I assume). http://www.gamespot.com/best-of/game-of-the-year/index.html

Note: I said AN official GOTY, not THE official GOTY.

Actually it's rather auspicious to be given this game on the very day it wins a GOTY award.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix