By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2009: Year of which genre?

2009: Year of which genre?

Action-Adventure 39 54.17%

Racing 1 1.39%

Fighting 6 8.33%

FPS 17 23.61%

RPG 5 6.94%

Other 4 5.56%

Total:72

FPS and Action/Adventure

no doubt

Around the Network

I think action/ adventure.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

coolbeans said:
Hmm.....suprised to see fighting not doing so well although Batman:AA was the greatest suprise that came in store for action-adventure this year so I can certainly see why it's in the lead. Keep up the voting, enjoying the variety of games ppl have found an interest in '09.

Probably because action/adventure games have no set formula like other genres.  This makes the games in the genre have more variety.  Due to having no set formula, the genre never feels stale since each game will be different from the other.  It's no suprise that action adventure games are only second behind shooters in terms of popularity.  It could even be vise versa if you consider GTA to be action adventure which it technically is.

in terms of sales.. FPS. again.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

action adventure, alot of the games that came on this genre were very popular

Uncharted 2 / Prototype / Infamous / Batman AA / Assassins Creed. and more

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

It's been a very good year for action/adventure and racing.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Action adventure, in term of quality product, we have 3 action adventure as contender for GOTY and all are top quality and very popular game.

Beat'em up come a close second for me, with the arrival of Street Fighter, BlazBlue, Tekken 6, UCF, FNR4 and even dissapointment like KOF12.