By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Teen hires 'hit man' after his parents confiscate his Playstation.

@ fazz
im not joking but my parents started throwing me out while i was 5.
ive seen my dad marrying a woman instead of my mom and kicking her out of the house while i was a kid.

i still dont think my dad is a bad person, i think he is the greatest dad a person could have. He just have problems communicating with his children..

Around the Network
Sqrl said:
konnichiwa said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
konnichiwa said:

You not always can blame the parents.

Yeah, you can.

They're responsible for pretty much everything during a child's formative years.

Anything less is irresponsibility.

So if you have a kid an when it is 16 it rapes a girl it is your fault?

If it was true what you said then there will be a lof of parents in jail because they didn't raised a child like they should =/.

The parent is at fault for the waste of the child's life that is going to occur as he/she spends time in prison.  The child is legally responsible but I think the general societal viewpoint is that the parent is at least partially to blame for not properly teaching the child right from wrong.

Especially with a crime like rape where the type of person who commits the act is someone who has very little self control, no care for the feelings of others, and is in general a very sick person.  Anyone who raises a child that fits those descriptions has definitely failed miserably. 

If you say this is for some cases the truth I agree but I don't agree if this is the case for all the cases.

This is like a typical Gametrailers discussion where the most say that you become 'homo sexual' because of how your parents raise you =/.

Sqrl said:
konnichiwa said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
konnichiwa said:

You not always can blame the parents.

Yeah, you can.

They're responsible for pretty much everything during a child's formative years.

Anything less is irresponsibility.

So if you have a kid an when it is 16 it rapes a girl it is your fault?

If it was true what you said then there will be a lof of parents in jail because they didn't raised a child like they should =/.

The parent is at fault for the waste of the child's life that is going to occur as he/she spends time in prison. The child is legally responsible but I think the general societal viewpoint is that the parent is at least partially to blame for not properly teaching the child right from wrong.

Especially with a crime like rape where the type of person who commits the act is someone who has very little self control, no care for the feelings of others, and is in general a very sick person. Anyone who raises a child that fits those descriptions has definitely failed miserably.

I think that there are a bunch of people at fault in situations like this, not the least of them is the teenager.  I'm sorry, we've all been there, and while we may have had tough situations, at home, or elsewhere, and we may have had whatever influences from whatever form of popular culture, we're still human beings with a choice.  The kid's parents may have had issues, he may have been chemically imbalanced, but the fact that he decided to "hire a hitman" is his responsibility, when push comes to shove.  He made a stupid, fucked-up decision, that was possibly something life pushed him towards, but, ultmately, it was his decision.  After a point, sympatheticness to the kid's situation damages his ability to take control of his actions.  A balance is needed.

How the hell was he brought up as a child if by 17 he reaches the descision to do that!

This is jack Thompson's christmas

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

it boils down to the parents everytime--it either is somethign wroung withthe DNA mix or something they did or didnot do when he was growing up

Wow, I can't believe how immature some of the posters on Vgchartz are...

The article was wrong for emphasizing the Playstation, but still,

"Ryder told Juvenile Services that he was angry that his parents grounded him for weeks, confiscated his PlayStation, banned him from watching television, and kicked him out of the house."

If I was a 17 year old, I would feel rejected on all levels. Could you imagine all of that happening to you? That would be horrible!

And like some kind of lame tabloid, you all want to point fingers first and consider the situation second.

Come on people.

i dont feel bad for the guy b/c at that age you are not a kid anymore--you are an adult and need to be treated like one--

he screwed up and fromt he sound f it more then once--his parents were trying nothing more then to raise him he was just a bad guy that threw a tantrum b/c he wasnt getting his way--

How can you see him as the victim Montana

@MontanaHatchet - But on the other hand there's no explanation of what the kid did first. Maybe it's just the demographic I've come in contact with, but I've met more kids who are disrespectful to their parents than parents who are abusive to their children. It works both ways.

I don't necessarily think you were responding to me, but still.

Type legibly.

I was responding to everyone.

I'm not in the league of the child, I'm just thinking to myself how immature some of you can be about a tragedy. Obviously the kid did something awful in order to be chastised as such, but really, how immature are you that you use the article as a tool to make cheap pot shots at the Playstation brand?

That's exactly what the media wants you to do.