By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wired FFXII review, not so good.

Xxain said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Xxain said:

Zen this situation is alittle different, its not about a different Xxperience.... SE took the RPG elements out of a RPG!!!

Bullshit, it's the exact same. In every FF since IV, "Square took the BLANK out of a RPG!!!"

You don't know if what they added or what they took away is to the credit or debit off the game in your opinion, and basing your opinion off of bullshit like this PREVIEW is just plain lazy. Think for yourself, form your own opinion. Every FF has differing views and this is no different. Many love this game and not all of them love it just because it's called Final Fantasy. If you just want a remake of VII, then wait until they release that, but give SE a chance at least, because they are one of the only companies with the balls to try something new with their main franchise, everytime. You're prejudging them already, just because you WANT it to the be same, and it wasn't. Hell, I could have told you that, 5 years ago.

NEWSFLASH, this previewer got upset because Sqaure took things out of the game. WTF? There were never things in the game. There are no staples of the series, besides generic names like Sid, Chocobo, and the fact that it has some sembelance of a story. The last game was a damn single player MMO, the one before that WAS a MMO. They don't take things out and add things to a tired formula, they created a new one, with each entry, and we classify it. Give them a chance. It's good for gaming, it's good for the franchise, and who knows, this might be your favorite entry in the series. Do not let a guy who played less than half the game at review speed in Japanese, dissuade you about the game, if he was any kind of decent journalist, he would have waited until he had something to report before spewing ignorant presumptions about how much he likes the game, because he doesn't even know the final answer to that question yet.

Come on bro, think for yourself.

so are telling me that reviewer is lieing about, the super linearity( multiple previewer good or bad has stated), LV Caps, No NPC/towns( again Multiple ppl point this out), high amount of CGI( again not only previews, but the Japanese players as well).... Low money/weapons( same). dude its one previewer but many.. hell Famitsu pointed this out are they lieing too? so everybody is lieing about FFXIII? also you cant be serious about no stables in FF...should I make a list?

You should talk to iLLmaticV3 (the poster 2 post above your post). He has actually played the game and completed FFXIII. Ask him what he thought about the game. Or better yet, check my wall. He gave me his thoughts about FFXIII earlier. Its all on my wall.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Xxain said:

so are telling me that reviewer is lieing about, the super linearity( multiple previewer good or bad has stated), LV Caps, No NPC/towns( again Multiple ppl point this out), high amount of CGI( again not only previews, but the Japanese players as well).... Low money/weapons( same). dude its one previewer but many.. hell Famitsu pointed this out are they lieing too? so everybody is lieing about FFXIII? also you cant be serious about no stables in FF...should I make a list?

No, but check this:

He's not lying.

However, he is listing bullet points.

When you haven't played a game, someone listing bullet points, especially negative ones, can deflate your anticipation of the game.

However, games aren't bullet points(if they were Resistance 2 would be the best shooter ever created).

Games are a collection of experiences, and an overall picture. It is very hard to describe that picture. The devil is often in the details.

So, what I'm telling you is that even if everything he said is true, or WORSE than he's saying, this game could STILL be your favorite game ever created, because you aren't getting an overall picture of the game, you're just getting disparraging sound bytes which don't really amount to a hill of beans, and you, nor I, have any idea of how much we personally will love, or loathe the specific details of this particular Final Fantasy until we've played it.

I mean, can you give a review of FFVII before completing the first disc? What if I gave you a list of negative bullet points for your favorite game and they were all true, would it make you like the game less, or would you have overlooked, or even enjoyed them in the end without ever realizing it?

The big issue im having FFXIII strips you of any freedom, its bad enough JRPG's are liner, but to make it worse No sidequest, LV caps , Xxploration, control over one character? come on Zen its good to be optimistic, but to ignorestuff like that? im not made FFXIII is being different but we have a JRPG tryin to be a action game...or hell a action game tryin to be a JRPG

--OkeyDokey-- said:
g-value said:
Fame_Mcswagg said:
g-value said:
People, calm down. This is one guy not liking it compared to these guys actually liking it

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff13/ff13-imp.html

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3177403&p=37

http://www.electronictheatre.co.uk/

http://www.gamerblahhhg.com/?p=181

There is still hope that FFXIII will be an awesome game.

Most of those are from people who haven't played nearly as long as the guy who did the preview. He gave a lot more detail also so I think Ill stick with his interpretation of things. A lot of what he said were things I thought would be a problem.

Well, I know alot of people who have actually played the game and love it. Though there are also a few who don't like. Bottomline, play the game yourself to see if you like it or not yourself. The reviewers back when FF12 came out said that FFXII was an awesome game and look how that turned out.

They were right?

For you. But to many others, they were dead wrong.

iLLmaticV3 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Xxain said:

Zen this situation is alittle different, its not about a different Xxperience.... SE took the RPG elements out of a RPG!!!

Bullshit, it's the exact same. In every FF since IV, "Square took the BLANK out of a RPG!!!"

You don't know if what they added or what they took away is to the credit or debit off the game in your opinion, and basing your opinion off of bullshit like this PREVIEW is just plain lazy. Think for yourself, form your own opinion. Every FF has differing views and this is no different. Many love this game and not all of them love it just because it's called Final Fantasy. If you just want a remake of VII, then wait until they release that, but give SE a chance at least, because they are one of the only companies with the balls to try something new with their main franchise, everytime. You're prejudging them already, just because you WANT it to the be same, and it wasn't. Hell, I could have told you that, 5 years ago.

NEWSFLASH, this previewer got upset because Sqaure took things out of the game. WTF? There were never things in the game. There are no staples of the series, besides generic names like Sid, Chocobo, and the fact that it has some sembelance of a story. The last game was a damn single player MMO, the one before that WAS a MMO. They don't take things out and add things to a tired formula, they created a new one, with each entry, and we classify it. Give them a chance. It's good for gaming, it's good for the franchise, and who knows, this might be your favorite entry in the series. Do not let a guy who played less than half the game at review speed in Japanese, dissuade you about the game, if he was any kind of decent journalist, he would have waited until he had something to report before spewing ignorant presumptions about how much he likes the game, because he doesn't even know the final answer to that question yet.

Excellent post. Everything I wanted to say you said for me!

People need to realize Square Enix can do whatever the hell they want with each new entry, they don't need to keep all the tradittional crap just because the fans want it.

Each new Final Fantasy is its own game which means they have every right to change things or create a whole new battle system or take out the "Victory Fanfare" and whatever else people are complaining about.

Edit: Change is good! If we had the same formula as Final Fantasy VII, how many of you honestly would still be interested in this franchise? It would become stale after a while and too much of the same.

I want you to write ur own review about FXIII...a unbiased on one..pointing out positives and negatives can you do that?

Xxain said:
iLLmaticV3 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Xxain said:

People need to realize Square Enix can do whatever the hell they want with each new entry, they don't need to keep all the tradittional crap just because the fans want it.

Each new Final Fantasy is its own game which means they have every right to change things or create a whole new battle system or take out the "Victory Fanfare" and whatever else people are complaining about.

Edit: Change is good! If we had the same formula as Final Fantasy VII, how many of you honestly would still be interested in this franchise? It would become stale after a while and too much of the same.

I want you to write ur own review about FXIII...a unbiased on one..pointing out positives and negatives can you do that?

Everything he has to say about it is on my wall though. And it is unbiased.

Around the Network
g-value said:
Xxain said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Xxain said:

You should talk to iLLmaticV3 (the poster 2 post above your post). He has actually played the game and completed FFXIII. Ask him what he thought about the game. Or better yet, check my wall. He gave me his thoughts about FFXIII earlier. Its all on my wall.

I just read your wall. And it's been very helpful. Im still amped for the game and the only thing that will stop me from buying this game is if it ends up having a metacritic score of 1 after 30 reviews

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Xxain said:
iLLmaticV3 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Xxain said:

If you want a review, honestly. Play the game, form your own opinion and make one.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

This is one hell of a thread.

Ill take that as a no you could'nt

When all is over I think we will remember this as one of the crap FFs like X-2, XI and XII (most sane people would agree that these 3 sucked). Not that I expected it to be a good game, but I am happy that even some of the most loyal FF fans are not as naive as I thought.

I am bookmarking this one. The bitter tears will taste much better when the NTSC versions arrive.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."