By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wired FFXII review, not so good.

Xxain said:
Ill take that as a no you could'nt

Did you even bother to look at G-Value's Wall? There is enough information there. I'm not gonna review a game just because you aren't happy with what you read. If you aren't satisfied don't buy it.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Around the Network

So from what I read, then there is no side mission. That sucks.

ItsaMii said:
When all is over I think we will remember this as one of the crap FFs like X-2, XI and XII (most sane people would agree that these 3 sucked). Not that I expected it to be a good game, but I am happy that even some of the most loyal FF fans are not as naive as I thought.

I am bookmarking this one. The bitter tears will taste much better when the NTSC versions arrive.

FFXIII is gonna be about how you kike your JRPG's.... if your just a Story person you'll FFXIII, but If like game part you might be in surprise

MGS4COD4HALO3 said:

There are side quests, you hunt down monsters/optional bosses and kill them. There are quite a good amount of them.

it is similar to XII where you hunt down a monster and kill it.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Is there any franchise that brings more emotion?

My advice is to buy it, it's still FF and make your own decision. It's not my type of game, I'll be playing GOW3 during that time, but I'm sure there will be plenty of disagreements.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
iLLmaticV3 said:
MGS4COD4HALO3 said:

There are side quests, you hunt down monsters/optional bosses and kill them. There are quite a good amount of them.

it is similar to XII where you hunt down a monster and kill it.

Okay, for a minute there I was kind of piss because the article made it seems like there wasn't any side mission.  Now I happy and will buy it first day.

After I read Illmatics comments on G-Values wall I dont worry anymore.

One of my worries was it could be to easy because the preview/review sounded like you just have to press X and everything else happens automatically.

And FF has always tons to discover I dont think that somebody on this planet could discover 50% of the secrets in such a short time.

And i also read that its known it gives the player more freedom after 50% of the game.

I will buy it no matter what happens. FF mainline has disappointed me only on a high niveau which the most games were never able to reach.

I dont care if its not the best FF I havent expected it anyway. And there is still VS which I prefer.

The worst that can happen is that I will buy GOW3 first but probably I will buy both at the same time.

ItsaMii said:
When all is over I think we will remember this as one of the crap FFs like X-2, XI and XII (most sane people would agree that these 3 sucked). Not that I expected it to be a good game, but I am happy that even some of the most loyal FF fans are not as naive as I thought.

I am bookmarking this one. The bitter tears will taste much better when the NTSC versions arrive.

I'm so sick of people saying 12 was bad and assuming it's popular opinion. 12 is a masterpiece, all the more so for the risks in took.

Twelve is the only FF that comes close to fulfilling on what should be one of the goals of any self-respecting RPG: to create a fully immersive, self-contained world. 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Someone should make a Poll about FF12 because I think that there are a lot people like me that actually liked it a lot.

blaydcor said:
ItsaMii said:

I'm so sick of people saying 12 was bad and assuming it's popular opinion. 12 is a masterpiece, all the more so for the risks in took.

Twelve is the only FF that comes close to fulfilling on what should be one of the goals of any self-respecting RPG: to create a fully immersive, self-contained world. 

I agree..about 12 accomplishing that Goal... but FFXII is a GREAT game, just not a great FF game.