By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sim games on the Wii ?

Well, I was just browsing through VG Chartz and sam Sim City for the Wii. And then it hit me. Some of my favorite games on the PC were tycoons. Railroad Tycoon 3, Sid Meier's Railroads, RollerCoaster Tycoon, etc. The Wii is perfect for games like the ones mentioned above. I played Anno Wii and it was awesome. The controls were responsive, the graphics were good and the game had huge depth, had good economy, achievements and so on. I'll buy a good tycoon game for the Wii day 1.

What do you think ? 

Around the Network

y not?

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

I'd definately buy one from wiiware or VC; not sure if I'd pay full price.

This is the samething I've wondered. I was pissed when Civ was made a dumbed down version from what PS360 received.

Civ 4 should be almost 100% doable on Wii hardware, especially considering the wiimote = mouse. So why no proper civ game? Meh, guess I'll just stick to PC versions of these strategy games as well as shooters.

Almost forgot that I'd buy a Sim City 4 -esque game on Wii day one as well.

Around the Network

I'd love to see Roller Coaster Tycoon on my Wii. It would be perfect.

Anno/Dawn of Discovery on Wii is great. SimCity on Wii is pretty good as well.

Yes, there should be more sim/RTS games on Wii. I still can't understand why most PC RTS games are on the 360 and not on the Wii.

Chrizum said:
Anno/Dawn of Discovery on Wii is great. SimCity on Wii is pretty good as well.

Yes, there should be more sim/RTS games on Wii. I still can't understand why most PC RTS games are on the 360 and not on the Wii.

Because Wii is for da kiddiez and has games that are on da railz.

No seriously, I cannot understand that too. When it was announced that Civ Rev. will not be released on the Wii I was really pissed. 

Now, a year later the Wii still has almost no good Sim/RTS games.

As Chrizum said Anno is awesome. The game really took me by surprise. Anno showed that RTS/ City building games can be done on the Wii.

Railroad Tycoon or Roller Coaster Tycoon can be awesome on the Wii, but no.... Why develop quality games when you can publish some Imagine / carnival games.

Boutros said:

I think that there is a roller coaster tycoon on the Wii just go to your local store and get one , i think its cheap now i think something around 19,99 on tops

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Shonen said:
Boutros said:

I think that there is a roller coaster tycoon on the Wii just go to your local store and get one , i think its cheap now i think something around 19,99 on tops

I suppose you mean Thrillville: Off the Rails, it was made by the same guys that killed RCT (nothing against them though!)

but yeah I agree with the OP. with the amount of ports and remakes, I thought we'd see some ports and remakes of simulation/strategy games, but so far nothing. there are a lot of good budget-priced PC games that could be ported too.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!