By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF Versus 13 "No Difference between CGI and Realtime Graphics" says Nomura.

It seems that as soon as Final Fantasy XIII released, the hype train at Square Enix began for Final Fantasy Versus XIII. In a Japanese magazine interview, Nomura has been detailing Final Fantasy Versus XIII, and things are looking promising:

- The in game graphics have been upgraded, so much so that there is no real difference between the CGI (prerendered video) and the graphics in game.
- More detailed information regarding the development of Agito XIII and Versus XIII to come in early 2010.
- This is a dark Final Fantasy as everyone expected (FF7/8 fans rejoice).
- Nomura confirms steady development on another title, which is not a new IP, but hasn't confirmed what it is, although it may be Kingdom Hearts 3.

A lot to look forward to for PS3 fans, and as this is Nomura speaking it is very likely that a Kingdom Hearts 3 may finally be announced!

http://www.ps3center.net//news/4206/nomura-secret-title-coming-ff-versus-13-no-difference-between-cgi-and-realtime-graphics/

Around the Network

wow they upgraded the graphics even more, last time i saw it i was impressed. Next time i see it i am going to have an heart attack

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Yes, a lot to look forward to for PS3 fans. Xbox 360 fans on the other hand should be sad because they're not getting FFXIII. . . wait. . .

Odd comment is odd.

Edit: Uber fail by me! This is about Versus XIII! Ignore me!

CGI-Quality said:
I cannot wait for this game! I really want to see what he accomplishes with this as an exclusive.

As for Kingdom Hearts III, hopefully this is the IP, but if not, a new IP is always welcome.

Nourma said it's not a new IP.

Well if it is true, they will do what naughty dog already did. In Uncharted 2 there are almost no difference between prerendered videos and in game.

Around the Network

Wow dude, I'm hyped even more for Versus 13. Just thinking about it gets me all hyped up for its release.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Good to know FF13vs will be top notch quality title but I cant shake this feeling that S-E will pull off another ff13 going Multiplat after all this time hyping it to be exclusive......hope im wrong ^^

No difference? Advent children graphics? Sounds promising.

The Greatness is going to be one AMAZING game.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

rccsetzer said:

Well if it is true, they will do what naughty dog already did. In Uncharted 2 there are almost no difference between prerendered videos and in game.

there are no pre rendered scenes in Uncharted 2

mM