By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF Versus 13 "No Difference between CGI and Realtime Graphics" says Nomura.

Soriku said:

I think you guys are taking this quote out of context. What he means is that the CG cutscenes in trailers we saw will all be played except this time with real time graphics instead of CG.

Here's an example of what they did with KH BBS.

Except this time since Versus is on the PS3 it will get really close. The andriasang impressions of the latest Versus trailer seems to suggest the same.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/12/20/ffxiii_versus_trailer/

You can tell the footage is realtime because the image quality isn't as clean as CG. Aside from that, though, you might not notice the difference. The modeling detail, animation, and particularly the lighting are all first rate.

HOW GOOD DOES BIRTH BY SLEEP LOOK!!!! THAT'S A PSP GAME!!! SO HYPED!!!

Around the Network
Attoyou said:
damn i hope its Kingdom Hears III ! and i hope its a PS3 Or 360 Exclusive , No offense Wii fans .

Fixed ;)

Cross-X said:
Attoyou said:
damn i hope its Kingdom Hears III ! and i hope its a PS3 Or 360 Exclusive , No offense Wii fans .

Fixed ;)

i can live with that :P

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Soriku said:

I think you guys are taking this quote out of context. What he means is that the CG cutscenes in trailers we saw will all be played except this time with real time graphics instead of CG.

Here's an example of what they did with KH BBS.

Except this time since Versus is on the PS3 it will get really close. The andriasang impressions of the latest Versus trailer seems to suggest the same.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/12/20/ffxiii_versus_trailer/

You can tell the footage is realtime because the image quality isn't as clean as CG. Aside from that, though, you might not notice the difference. The modeling detail, animation, and particularly the lighting are all first rate.

Gosh, well said. BBS on PSP looks beautiful, i really do love sony's first portable gaming device, it does far more then the original gameboy ever did.