By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Super Mario Galaxy 2 Thread

For future reference... Can those who are going to talk about secrets and awesome parts of the game, please put coloured boxes over their text? There are many people who still haven't gotten this game yet, myself included, and I'd rather start the game not knowing what's to come (even though I've spoiled a lot already with all the videos I've watched XD )

^_^ Thanks.

Around the Network
vonboysp said:
Games4Fun said:
Wagram said:
Games4Fun said:
Wagram said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Wagram said:
The game is sitting at a 98/100.

Oh how the review system has fallen.

Rainbow Yoshi said:
This is msnbc's review of Super Mario Galaxy 2: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30501433/vp/37255165#37255165
They gave Super Mario Galaxy 2 a score of 8/10, which is atrocious in my opinion.
Wagram said:
OMFG 8/10 END OF THE WORLD!!!!!
Wagram said:
I thought the msnbc review was fair. Should have been longer but fair.

how convenient that you picked NOW to point out that the "review system" has fallen... and why is the 8/10 fair when the game has been getting 10's almost unanimously from most reviewers (even the 'harsh' ones), am i supposed to beleive that these 'msnbc' people know more about games than ALL those other reviewers? i don't see how THAT makes sense now

what's your problem? coming into the official thread and implying that the game doesn't deserve good scores... leave us alone so we can party!

This is coming from someone who has finished SMG2 as well as the first one now. The game recycles to much for it to deserve a 10. I don't understand why alot of you people don't see that. and it is also funny that just because someone gives the game a 8/10 that it is the end of the world. and that person is unfair towards Mario/Nintendo.

Friend of mine also beat the game today and said that the game in his opinion was 7/10. He just must be a blatant Sony/MSFT fanboy too.

Ah you finally got somone to bite and you have every single star already? awesome job!

The game isn't that hard. But yeah, the green stars aren't that fun, since you got to re-run every level and find them randomly. -.-

How hard it is or isnt is different per player. I am at 85 stars atm myself. I probably wont reach 120 till this weekend or after unfortunetly. Anyways, platformers are easily my favorite style of games. I am finding some of these stars really hard. I can not imagine how hard it is for some of the other people who play a lot less of them. I am currently working on the Beat BLock Galaxy Comet and it is pissing me off lol

i found that just moving slowly, one block at a time helped me out. when i tried to do crazy stuff to skip blocks, i died like a no good showoff.

also, i'm at 112 stars now, just 8 more to go till i find out what all these green stars are about.

Yup it worked! Dunno why I did not think of that hehe. Oh, and I got on a little bit of a roll afterwords I am not up to 94stars and 40 Comets!

Sempuukyaku said:

LOL! Yes indeed, we should all kneel at the altar of MSNBC, the timeless and flawless bastion of videogame journalism   

Are you serious, Wagram? That's really grasping at straws buddy. 

Don't be so butt hurt because someone gave the game an 8.

So far he seems to be the ONLY person to actually take into account that this game has flaws.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/japanese-orchestra-super-mario/100576

a video of galaxy's 2 orchesta plating the trailer theme

I would have preffered melty monster, but still....

Myak-04 said:
For future reference... Can those who are going to talk about secrets and awesome parts of the game, please put coloured boxes over their text? There are many people who still haven't gotten this game yet, myself included, and I'd rather start the game not knowing what's to come (even though I've spoiled a lot already with all the videos I've watched XD )

^_^ Thanks.

I urgently second this! Please refrain from mentioning spoilers in any shape or form!

Also.... has anyone found me the pretty grass yet? Anyone? 

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
Wagram said:
Sempuukyaku said:

LOL! Yes indeed, we should all kneel at the altar of MSNBC, the timeless and flawless bastion of videogame journalism   

Are you serious, Wagram? That's really grasping at straws buddy. 

Don't be so butt hurt because someone gave the game an 8.

So far he seems to be the ONLY person to actually take into account that this game has flaws.

Ok enough, let's change of subject.

i've got all the 120 stars now :D i'm whiting out the spoiler from prying eyes.

i see what the green stars that are unlocked after getting the 120 stars are now. they are secret hidden stars. you go back to each mission on each level, and theres a green star hidden somewhere in each one. as far as i can tell from the few i have found, they are in hard to find/hard to reach places, and you really have to explore every nook and cranny in the levels to find them

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

vonboysp said:

i've got all the 120 stars now :D i'm whiting out the spoiler from prying eyes.

i see what the green stars that are unlocked after getting the 120 stars are now. they are secret hidden stars. you go back to each mission on each level, and theres a green star hidden somewhere in each one. as far as i can tell from the few i have found, they are in hard to find/hard to reach places, and you really have to explore every nook and cranny in the levels to find them

At least you don't have to play the game twice again!

Do you enjoy the game more than the first Galaxy?

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is officially tied in second by ranking. Only one game surpassed this score and that was The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

http://apps.metacritic.com/search/process?ty=3&ts=&tfs=game_all&sb=5&release_date_s=&release_date_e=&metascore_s=&metascore_e=&x=27&y=4

morenoingrato said:
miz1q2w3e said:
morenoingrato said:
@miz123: is it melty monster? it is as you described and it's my favorite

i don't know actually, and i don't want to know! XD  i want to find out as little as possible about the game from now on, but with more and more people who have the game, it's gonna be hard to keep the info/spoiler out. all i try to do nowadays is look at the metacritic/gamerankings of this game and see where it's at. well anyways, i only clicked on a random play button in the middle, i have no idea what it was that i listened to lol

'just' three more weeks till i'm able to play the game D:

okey, just tell me the number in the post

it was the sixth one, i just listened to it again, it's SO amazing! :D  i wish every game had this kind of music