By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Getting Light Gun Excited!

How many of you guys are excited about all the light gun games? I wasn't at first, but with the IGN-bragging of MOH2:Heroes, Link's Crossbow training coming the 19th with the Zapper, etc I'm getting pretty stoked.

I'm going to have to find some quick cash, because I think light gun games are going to be this holiday's Wii calling card next to Mario Galaxy. We will have Ghost Squad, Umbrella Chronicles, MOH2:Heroes, Link's Crossbow training, etc all in a 2 week period! I'm so glad I'll have a break after this week.

Anybody else finding themselves strangely excited about this as it comes closer?

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Release dates:  America - Nov 13th, Japan - Nov 15th, UK - Nov 30th, Australia - Dec 13th

Developer: Capcom ; Publisher: Capcom

Ghost Squad

Release dates: America - Nov 20th, Japan - released, UK - Dec 7th, Australia - TBA 2008 

Developer: SEGA - AM2 ; Publisher: SEGA

Link's Crossbow Training 

Release dates: America - Nov 19th, Japan - TBA, UK - Dec 7th, Australia - Dec 13th

Developer: Nintendo ; Publisher: Nintendo  

Medal of Honor 2: Heroes

Release dates: America - Nov 13th, Japan - unreleased, UK - Nov TBA, Australia - Nov 22nd

Developer: Team Fusion (EA Canada) ; Publisher: EA 

Around the Network

hmmm...IGN certainly isn't getting excited for light gun peripherals. The beauty of the Wiimote is that it already functions like a light gun so the shell mostly just dictates how you hold your hands. Both Matt and Bozon think the Nintendo branded guns are crap and a waste of money.

They are excited about Medal of Honor, but that has to do with the controls, not the gun. And their jury is still out on Umbrella Chronicles.

I've never been too much into light gun games, but that's mostly because I couldn't justify buying a controller that I would use for a handful of games. With the Wii I may change my mind.

Yeah i know IGN is more for the controls, but that response and intuitiveness should transfer over to the Zapper as well. I don't expect Umbrella Chronicles to really be as good as these other games, but just the fact that I'll be playing decent Light Gun styled games in my home like the arcade. Just crazy. I wished we had the Balance Board to put a foot on for ducking and such. Oh well, I'll take what I can get I guess.

Yeah, if the piece of plastic was $40, heck no. But with it being bundled with Link's Crossbow training and being less than that, I don't mind at all.

Yeah, I thought IGN liked Links Crossbow Training and it comes with the light gun so I didn't get the impression they thought it was a ton of money. 

Either way, I am excited.  I never played Virtual Cop 2 but almost got it when Sega was giving away the game with the Saturn was failing and always wanted to play.  I understand that Ghost Squad is similar but with better graphics and with a lot of silly modes and additions.  I love the idea of having a light gun system in my home.  I still remember how much I enjoyed the Super Scope 6.  Also, yeah! for LCT and the Nintendo gun.  I am also interested in trying the Metal of Honor controls.  I know PC controls work for FPS and I never liked the controls on the Xbox or PS2.  I'm hoping the Wii can have at least decent controls (call me at eliteist but the PS2 controls are worthless compared to a PC) for FPS games.  

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

I think RE: UC will be the best of them, actually.

Mainly because I'm a House of the Dead fan I guess...and I really want that in the living room.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Yeah with all the touting that Matt has been doing, I'm excited about MOH too. I didn't think Metroid 3 lived up to the preciseness that everyone had been shouting, of course much of that was from IGN too, so I guess we'll see.

You're anticipating RE Ben? I like the the horror theme, but the graphics look a bit underdone even for Wii, and some of the mechanics look possibly dodgy. I still think Capcom threw that one together just to appease the wii crowd in light of the big boy, RE5, but hey, Light Gun! lol.

I am looking forward for a port of Area51. I remember playing that at the arcade.

I'd say that if these games turn out to surprisingly sell beyond everyone's expectations, there is no telling what games will start to surface next year that are Light Gun style. Anything seems to be possible with Wii games as we see remakes and revivals that nobody had seen coming.

I want the Brando peripheral. It actually has sights at the rear and front. In a game like Ghost Squad where you get to calibrate the Wii remote to make it act like a true lightgun, the Brando attachment will be perfect.

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK

in a recent preview of RE UC on ign. THey said that the game has got much better and they are having alot of fun playing it.