By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 2 vs. Final Fantasy XIII (Metacritic Predictions!!!)

perpride said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
How bout this:

Final Fantasy XIII 90-91
Mass Effect 2(360) 88-89
Mass Effect 2(PC) 91-92

Are both versions of Mass Effect being released on the same day?

Good question. No idea.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

I suspect ME2 will edge it out by 1 or 2 points.

What I don't understand is why we're using the PS3 version of FFXIII to compare when their will be an "equivelant" Xbox 360 version according to Square.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

ME2 is going to get a perfect score...something like a 97 or 98. I jsut don't see FF getting that on the 360. If the 360 version is as inferior to the PS3, as many have eluded to, it's going to play on the minds of reviewers.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:
ME2 is going to get a perfect score...something like a 97 or 98. I jsut don't see FF getting that on the 360. If the 360 version is as inferior to the PS3, as many have eluded to, it's going to play on the minds of reviewers.

98??? Highest rated game of all time? Tied with GTA IV and OOT?

I have this feeling that ME 2 will score 94 on meta and ff13 will be @ 89, just fell short of achiving "AAA" status....

Doesn't matter really both will be awsome....I hope.

Around the Network
perpride said:
heruamon said:

98??? Highest rated game of all time? Tied with GTA IV and OOT?

Mass Effect got a 91...so I'm not sure why people think ME2 is going to be worst than that game...I think this game is going to be the best of the trilogy.  I shouldn't say it will...the better phrase would be, I wouldn't be surprised to see it handily top the last game.  Much of the fit on the last game centered on technical aspects of the game that you'd think Bioware easily cleaned up.  The Plot was nearly flawless in execution and focus, and this story is that middle "sweet spot", like Empire Strikes Back...or Wrath of Khan.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Mass Effect got a 91 on the Xbox 360 while FF X and FF XII each got a 92 on the PS2. As Western gamers begin to criticize Japanese games more than ever while Mass Effect 2 improves massively on the original, I think it's an absolute given that ME 2 will score higher than FF XIII.

Mass effect seems to be the more popular prediction so far.

They will both have a score of 90

Those last few reviewers will wait and see exactly what score they need to give to make both titles AAA.

@kowenicki - do you expect 90+ for both?