By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 2 vs. Final Fantasy XIII (Metacritic Predictions!!!)

FF XIII - 85
ME2 - 90

Around the Network
perpride said:
MRFENIX said:
perpride said:
MRFENIX said:
Mass effect 2 - 94
final fantasy 13 - 80

80?

Yes. I might be a bit generous with that but I think it will get a lot of inflated scores for being a popular franchise.

I hope you're still around the day it scores above 90.

It is possible that the game will indeed get a metascore of 90. That would be a sad day.

Deviation59 said:
Mass Effect got a 91 on the Xbox 360 while FF X and FF XII each got a 92 on the PS2. As Western gamers begin to criticize Japanese games more than ever while Mass Effect 2 improves massively on the original, I think it's an absolute given that ME 2 will score higher than FF XIII.

^^ quote on the tread.

Western reviewers will grade mass effect much better even tho it wont be. FF games are always awesome (main series) so i dont expect that to change. either way both will be awesome games and i will have both first day!!!!

MRFENIX said:
perpride said:
MRFENIX said:
perpride said:
MRFENIX said:
Mass effect 2 - 94
final fantasy 13 - 80

80?

Yes. I might be a bit generous with that but I think it will get a lot of inflated scores for being a popular franchise.

It is possible that the game will indeed get a metascore of 90. That would be a sad day.

Every main installment since VII has been 90+, why would a new installment, on a new console, with 4 years of development, change that trend?

perpride said:
MRFENIX said:
perpride said:
MRFENIX said:
perpride said:
MRFENIX said:
Mass effect 2 - 94
final fantasy 13 - 80

80?

Every main installment since VII has been 90+, why would a new installment, on a new console, with 4 years of development, change that trend?

Maybe SE is not paying for reviews anymore?

Around the Network

@perpride

Guess I spoke too soon yesterday, the lurkers have begun appearing today xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

MRFENIX said:
perpride said:
MRFENIX said:
perpride said:
MRFENIX said:
perpride said:
MRFENIX said:
Mass effect 2 - 94
final fantasy 13 - 80

80?

LOL! I thought you were reasonably hating on the game. But you're just hating for no reason at this point.

lestatdark said:
@perpride

Guess I spoke too soon yesterday, the lurkers have begun appearing today xD

I blame you entirely.

perpride said:
MRFENIX said:
perpride said:
MRFENIX said:

LOL! I thought you were reasonably hating on the game. But you're just hating for no reason at this point.

So you think expecting a metascore of 80 (good game) is hating on the game? That is weird.

but... I really do hate these j"rpg":s. (sorry mr mod)

I suspect ME get a higher score. Square's title is going to be held to a much higher standard and probably lose points for things like item placement in the menu. Mass Effect is a media darling.

ME2: 9.6
FF 13: 9.4