By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII disappointing?

Man, a new FF game really brings out the crazies

Around the Network
BlueRabbit17 said:
Maybe in a short time this game will appear in lists of the most overhyped games of this gen

No.  It's not like they said it would be the best game ever made.  *looks towards Peter Molyneux*

mhsillen said:
g-value said:
But really people, this is no big deal. EVERY popular game in jp will have ratings similar to this during the beginning. I'm sure within the next few months, FFXIII will manage a 4/5 star.

Also, I happen to love long cutscenes (since I pretty much play jrpgs for the story anyways) so this is perfect for me.

I'm trying to figure out why some like long cutscenes

It would seem like it destroys the whole point of playing the game. 

Play a few minutes then watch a long cutscene it seems like it would kill the Immersion

Cutscenes greatly help immersion for me. They probably the best way to see a story unfold.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

My imported copy arrived today, its kinda like a linear FF12 with better characters and story. Its worse than FF7-9 though. It gets very repetitive and annoying.

Itll dissapoint alot of people.

A linear FF12 ? FF 12 is one of two non linear FFs.

A linear FF12 would be a FFX then. Its from the same team it is similar so most of you should be glad.

And all I read it seems that its the best fighting system of all time this should make up for the average story.