By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why did X360 Borderlands outsell PS3 version 3:1 ?

I'd rather play a co-op game on 360. I live in the U.S. More 360's = more friends = better, more fun co-op.

*shrug*

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Around the Network
heruamon said:
I bought it, and sold that shit after Randy kept running his mouth about Valve...so that helped reduce the 360 numbers...lol.

Did you know that Gearbox developed some of Valve's older games?

dobby985 said:
heruamon said:
I bought it, and sold that shit after Randy kept running his mouth about Valve...so that helped reduce the 360 numbers...lol.

Yeah...that's kinda how Gearbox got started, isn't it. 

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:
dobby985 said:
heruamon said:

so he's the bad guy for calling out to Valve to make PS3 games ?

Triple Chix said:
Aj_habfan said:
Three main reasons:

1. 360 has a much bigger userbase

2. It's a shooter which are generally more popular on the 360

3. It's much bigger in the USA than Europe, which plays against PS3's userbase

1.  The userbase is not different by 3:1

2.  This is a false.  There are more core gamers on 360 than PS3 and this is why it sold better.  It is an RPG/FPS not just a FPS so the appeal is to core gamers.  If you look at most core gamer games, they typically sell much better on 360.  The only difference is games that are associated to the PS brand...  Tekken, Street Fighter IV, Devil May Cry, etc. are associated with PS brand.  Games like Dragon Age Origins, Prototype, Brutal Legend, etc.  are not shooters but appeal to core gamers more and sold way better on 360.

3.  It is not much different on 360 throughout the world.  The percentage of software sales on 360 tend to be disproportionately higher no matter where you look...

Do you believe what you are writing?

1. Of course, but an extra 6.5m people will play a part

2. I'd still classify it as a shooter. I don't really care about that long paragraph exaplanation you gave, I'm just pointing out that virtually all multiplatform shooters sold better on 360, meaning there is a larger audience for those games on the 360.

3. No, in Europe the PS3 sales are much closer to the 360 sales, sometimes the PS3 version is higher. This is common knowledge, just look at the userbases, PS3 and 360 are 150k apart in Others, while 360 over 8M ahead in the Americas.

Around the Network
dobby985 said:
kjj4t9rdad said:
Vetteman94 said:
It still doesnt change the fact that you have the scoring system wrong.

BTW, SOCOM Confrontation, according to your scale is rated below average? So how can it be one of your favorite games? Weird

Those are games I own, not necessarly my favorite games and I havn't updated that in a while because I just don't care enough to do it.  What's weird is you continue to argue about an opinion.  Give it a rest.

IN MY OPINION the game is average.  Deal with it.

*facepalms*

An opinion can be wrong if it isn't backed up properly and we don't have to respect it if it is completley false.

Have you even played the game? Metacritic =/= a game's quality. I can think of loads of game that have got 80s on metacritic.

you are mistaking fact with opinion.  There is no wrong or right opinion, if there was, it would be fact.  Try looking it up. 

If you had bothered to read the earlier post (instead of cherry picking someone with a different opinion than you) you would know that yes I've played the game,  and I did not like it.  So what!

I agree metacritic doesn't mean anything, I was simply pointing out I'm not the only one who was not impressed with this game.

MetalGearSolid_4ever said:
heruamon said:
dobby985 said:
heruamon said:

so he's the bad guy for calling out to Valve to make PS3 games ?

Why is it any developer's business to comment on how another developer is or isn't supporting a platform?  That's part of the reason, but i can't stand haters in general, and his comments on Steam were all I needed to convince me to dump his game.  I've bought 10 games over the last 2 months, and I've got enough games to keept me occupied anyway. 

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

1) Shooter
2) Uncharted 2 and CoD4 hogging all the spotlight.

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
1) Shooter
2) Uncharted 2 and CoD4 hogging all the spotlight.

Modern Warfare 2 you mean.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

coolbeans said:
kjj4t9rdad said:
We're to busy playing all the AAA games that came out this year to be bothered with another average shooter, which is exactly what Borderlands is.

Fail statement bro

And why is that?  There are 10 AAA games released on the PS3 this year.  Another 26 that had better reviews.  To me that puts this game in the average catagory.  After playing the game, I still say the game is average.  It is called an opinion.  Your opinion is obviously different, but that doesn't mean my opinion is a fail statement.

The OP asked why this games didn't sell well on PS3.  The answer to this question can only be an opinion since there are a million factors to why certain things sell.  In my opinion,  one of the reasons it didn 't sell well is because there are too many better games to play on PS3.  That is a legidimat answer, unlike your statement which doesn't address the op's question or any other question for that matter.