By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 going to be a "long" game says Payton, plus other info

AWESOME!!! I wanted to watch another long drawn out slo mo sequence filled with cheesy borderline retarded dialog. KICK ASS! Metal Gear hasn't been any good since the first one. My favorite line from the ENTIRE Metal Gear series, well besides, "The truck have started to move", is
Otacon: "Snake, do you believe you can find love on a battle field?"
Snake: "Yes. Yes I do."
SUPER GAY! love is a battlefield indeed!

Around the Network

Nice, productive post there.

Five different environments? Not to knock the game, but why is that impressive? Platformers have been doing that for years. Even the unique models isn't that impressive, as you can't see the whole game at once to notice, and it just makes me wonder how profitable this game will be.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Five different environments? Not to knock the game, but why is that impressive? Platformers have been doing that for years. Even the unique models isn't that impressive, as you can't see the whole game at once to notice, and it just makes me wonder how profitable this game will be.

Yeah, but those five different environments may not have been as big, or as detailed.  (Even though we can't validate either of those aspects until the game is released.)  So again, why is everyone arguing to the contrary?  Is trolling good new threads that fun?

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

LordTheNightKnight said:

For you to understand the significance, you must need to play Metal Gear. MGS 3 all of it, the whole game took place in the jungle. The theme was survival. Fantastic game in one environment.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

For you to understand the significance, you must need to play Metal Gear. MGS 3 all of it, the whole game took place in the jungle. The theme was survival. Fantastic game in one environment.

But did he state that each environment would be as large as MSG3? If so, I would be impressed, but I would also still wonder how much profit this game will make.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs