By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii sales dramatically up in the UK?

there is something such as "wii fad" ?

Around the Network

Could be increasing in shipments, or else I wouldn't see any reason for increasing sales that much.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

The Wii is often sold out in many places in UK, from what I've seen at some forums. The reason for such a dramatic increase probably has to do with supply, not just demand.

EDIT - lol, Onna76 beat me to it.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Does that mean we should expect it to randomly fluctuate again soon?

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Game_boy said:
Does that mean we should expect it to randomly fluctuate again soon?

I'm guessing either:

1- Nintendo realized that they should divert some supply from other European countries to UK, since the Wii's selling out there.
2- They're starting to increase supply for the holidays.

Either way, Wii sales will probably never go down till the end of the year.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

its almost terrifying to think what the Wii could do this Holiday if its sales numbers have indeed been capped by production (even still up until this point nearing its first birthday) and Nintendo has a stockpile ready for the holidays.

It'll be just as terrifying to see what will happen to game sales (assuming individual units will be able to meet demand).

probably it is because the previous weeks were undertracked, but I wouldn't say that Metroid has no influence at all; at least, it is the first fps on the Wii that can be compared to the ones on the other consoles in terms of quality.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

"This represents a spectacular rebound (go and look at the "compare consoles" chart and look at the gradient!) with a 176% increase in sales for no apparent reason: no hit games, no price cut, no new model or anything similar."

Metroid prime 3 is released on 26 october in Europe. It's one of reasons.

its just terrifying when nintendo does a price drop :P

£180 and maybe £40 for a game is a pretty cheap Christmas for a lot of UK kids, so I imagine a lot of paremts are pretty pleased if their child wants a Wii.

I believe the average for each child last Christmas was £280 so a Wii, extra controller and 2 or 3 games between 2 children = more beer and scratchcards for parents.