By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - (Worldwide) New Super Mario Bros. Wii has outsold PS3's Call of Duty: MW2

Now reggie can look even more smuck.

That could be difficult to achieve.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network

What!?! Already it outsold the PS3 version. It won't be long until it beats the 360 version

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

theprof00 said:
I still think it's wierd that we have a thread about a wii game outselling a ps3 game.

But congrats mario, did not expect 5M THAT quickly.

I think it's because of the confusion over the Reggie bet.  Some people claim that he just committed to NSMBWii versus either of the two HD platforms and according to that stance he won his bet this week. 

I heard the interview and I'm certain he committed to beating the 360 version in the US (implied because of reference to NPD) by the end of January, meaning the bet is still ongoing.

He said until the end of January?

I'm sorry, but it seems MW2 is finished.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

The years most anticipated title on the Wii with a 60 million userbase outsold a multiplatform shooter on a 29 million installed base? It better have!

What I really want to know is; will it outsell Galaxy and by how much?

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
The years most anticipated title on the Wii with a 60 million userbase outsold a multiplatform shooter on a 29 million installed base? It better have!

Current trends suggest it will do so considerably.

You were one of those who said that it would not significantly outsell Galaxy, yes?

Khuutra said:
Mummelmann said:

You were one of those who said that it would not significantly outsell Galaxy, yes?

I think it will sell more but I was mostly reacting to a thread we had where several users claimed it would sell 20 million or so or even more (maybe someone remembers the thread, I don't remember the name of it). I think I said something along the lines of; won't go past 15 under any circumstance and probably not more than 12 or so.

It was released at a perfect time for a solid launch and some good follow up weeks and it'll probably have good legs like all Nintendo 1st party titles but the claims of 20 million lifetime were ludicrous to me!

Mummelmann said:
Khuutra said:
Mummelmann said:

I think it will sell more but I was mostly reacting to a thread we had where several users claimed it would sell 20 million or so or even more (maybe someone remembers the thread, I don't remember the name of it). I think I said something along the lines of; won't go past 15 under any circumstance and probably not more than 12 or so.

It was released at a perfect time for a solid launch and some good follow up weeks and it'll probably have good legs like all Nintendo 1st party titles but the claims of 20 million lifetime were ludicrous to me!

It should hit 15m no problem, and 20m isn't out of reach either. NSMBWii could do 9m by the end of the year (there is a thread on it), and then from there 2 full years on the market it only needs to manage 100k/week for 2 years.

Heck, Mario Kart Wii should pass 20m in 3 weeks time. I made a prediction last year that Wii Fit & Mario Kart could do 25m or more (obviously Wii Fit got chopped down by Wii Fit Plus, but otherwise I would have easily been correct) and NSMBWii could easily have a similar selling pattern to either of those games. Just comparing it to the DS version, it had a way bigger opening, and should be able to sustain similar sales over the long run. Since it had a bigger opening, it can achieve 20m in a shorter time with the same legs as NSMB DS.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

He was fool enough for using NPD data

That really is not surprising.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB