By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why Blu-Ray is bad for the PS3

starcraft said:
@Chronotrigger

I was talking in the context of Sony's claims. Things like be far superior to the Xbox 360, future-proofed, and part of a ten year cycle. We havent seen memory or read speeds impacting the 360 either. What I'm saying is that the PS3 will be hit by these specific limits before the 360, and that the low read speed, low memory and poor GPU are unfortunately disproportionate to the no-doubt powerful cpu, which is not good for gaming

I really do want to see where your comming from, it's just I have access to both consoles, and while I can't consider ALL ps3 games to be superior blah blah blah, the ones I've seen thus far just present a quality I can't honestly find on the 360, I haven't seen a game that looks as good as ratchet on 360, I don't think I'll ever see facial animations done like heavenly sword, and the Darkness can be played @ 1080p on my 42 inch lcd, if this is ANY indication of whats to come then its ALREADY showing its superiority. That and disk space wether you choose to believe it or not has already reared its head numerous times, for numerous 360 titles. Not only have ps3 titles been LOOKING better, sounding better is already a "duh", and some pretty big company's are getting steady locks on 1080p and 60fps. If these are the "limitations" that blu-ray is providing me, then I'm thinking I made the right descision. 

So whereas blu-ray may have hurt the initial cost (some), I can't consider it a downside for the ps3 fans. I've played well over 50 blu-ray movies and our group of friends love the damn thing. Now IF you really don't care about that, just simply don't buy one :P Although at 399 I really can't see much of a money problem ^_^; if it's the games your waiting for, do just that. Wait for them :P 

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network
Saiyar said:
Transfomers only sold 115k so Spiderman 3 did outsell. Unless you think that paramount is a more reliable and neutral source than neilsen.

And you think Sony's annoucement of "130k" is trustworthy too?  Neilson only captures between 60-80% of actual sales as people were saying.  And it probably didn't include Walmart.  Sony is the last company I would trust, IMO.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Delusional said:
Saiyar said:
Transfomers only sold 115k so Spiderman 3 did outsell. Unless you think that paramount is a more reliable and neutral source than neilsen.

And you think Sony's annoucement of "130k" is trustworthy too? Neilson only captures between 60-80% of actual sales as people were saying. And it probably didn't include Walmart. Sony is the last company I would trust, IMO.

The 115k number is HMRs estimate based on the Neilsen numbers. Actuall neilsen numbers for Transformers opening week were 89k. The 130k for Spiderman 3 is from the Neilsen first alerts. Sony have been very open about how many units they shipped aswell (400k) making a clear distinction between the two, obviously with Paramount getting caught out so badly a couple of weeks ago they didn't want to make the same mistake.

Saiyar said:
Delusional said:
Saiyar said:

And you think Sony's annoucement of "130k" is trustworthy too? Neilson only captures between 60-80% of actual sales as people were saying. And it probably didn't include Walmart. Sony is the last company I would trust, IMO.

The 115k number is HMRs estimate based on the Neilsen numbers. Actuall neilsen numbers for Transformers opening week were 89k. The 130k for Spiderman 3 is from the Neilsen first alerts. Sony have been very open about how many units they shipped aswell (400k) making a clear distinction between the two, obviously with Paramount getting caught out so badly a couple of weeks ago they didn't want to make the same mistake.

Do you actually have a link, since I provided some? 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs