By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japan makes the best games.....wtf?!? (poll discussion)

kitler53 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
It's stupid for people to assume Japan has owned this gen when the mass majority of AAA titles have been western.

i didn't release the poll only had two choices (japan vs. the world) as oppose the the actual poll of: canada, france, japan, UK, US, other.

so let's review your list....

InFamous - US

Batman Arkham Asylum - UK

Uncharted 1 &2 - US

Fable 2 - UK

Halo 3 - US

Mass Effect 1 & 2 - Canada

Modern Warfare 1 &2 - US

GOW3 - US

Gears of War 1 & 2 - US

Heavenly Sword - UK

Assassins Creed 1 & 2 - Canada

I didn't list Japan vs the world. I listed western made games, which means anything which is a offshoot of European civilization and America is a big part of that as defiant as we are. This all includes the americas (canada and south america) and Europe so you're wrong.

Around the Network
jesus kung fu magic said:
tedsteriscool said:
Joke thread? MGS4, FF XIII, Mario all say hi.

Did you like FF13 when you played it?

Demos are amazing things.

METAL GEAR SOLID 4
FINAL FANTASY XIII
DEVIL MAY CRY 4
RESIDENT EVIL 5
STREET FIGHTER IV
BLAZBLUE
BAYONETTA
YAKUZA KENZAN
YAKUZA 3
NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA
NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2
VALKYRIA CHRONICLES
DEMON SOULS
SOUL CALIBUR 4
AND ALL THE WII GAMES PEOPLE LIKE (I SUPPOSE......lol XD)

tedsteriscool said:
tedsteriscool said:

I know.....tell that to valkyria chronicles

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

tedsteriscool said:
tedsteriscool said:

VC demo was actually good, even though it was just a small skirmish battle. It was representative of the final product (on a smaller scale), just as the FF XIII demo is surely. Why are you so biased? I mean, first you call me out on something which I can easily counter, and then you scramble by bashing the VC demo? Just stop...you're embarassing yourself.

Around the Network
Heavenly_King said:

METAL GEAR SOLID 4
FINAL FANTASY XIII
DEVIL MAY CRY 4
RESIDENT EVIL 5
STREET FIGHTER IV
BLAZBLUE
BAYONETTA
YAKUZA KENZAN
YAKUZA 3
NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA
NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2
VALKYRIA CHRONICLES
DEMON SOULS
SOUL CALIBUR 4

Keep going. Include AAA's in there because you're going to need a very big list to match the top western made games. :)

I'm not sure I give Japan the gaming crown anymore, but they are still really big. This forum is nearly dominated by fanboys of some Japanese console maker or another, so I don't know why anyone would be surprised. In an vote with a more diverse crowd, I'm willing to bet it would be pretty close. With the exception of the Wii casual market though, I do see Japan not as a sinking power in gaming, but as one that has only been caught up to by the rest of the world (I am ONLY speaking of the console market, of course) over the last 10 years or so. PC gaming adds another dimension to it since Japan basically is a non-player in the PC market.

I give this thread a 9.6.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

tedsteriscool said:
tedsteriscool said:
tedsteriscool said:

VC demo was actually good, even though it was just a small skirmish battle. It was representative of the final product (on a smaller scale), just as the FF XIII demo is surely. Why are you so biased? I mean, first you call me out on something which I can easily counter, and then you scramble by bashing the VC demo? Just stop...you're embarassing yourself.

......are you serious?......

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Heavenly_King said:

METAL GEAR SOLID 4
FINAL FANTASY XIII
DEVIL MAY CRY 4
RESIDENT EVIL 5
STREET FIGHTER IV
BLAZBLUE
BAYONETTA
YAKUZA KENZAN
YAKUZA 3
NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA
NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2
VALKYRIA CHRONICLES
DEMON SOULS
SOUL CALIBUR 4

Keep going. Include AAA's in there because you're going to need a very big list to match the top western made games. :)

*yawn* Only consoles can have good games, only AAA titles, blah blah blah.

Eventually, you can whittle down your specifications down enough until you fix the argument to your side.  I nthe end, all you're doing is excluding good games from 'lists' based on your preconceived notions of which side is better.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Heavenly_King said:

METAL GEAR SOLID 4
FINAL FANTASY XIII
DEVIL MAY CRY 4
RESIDENT EVIL 5
STREET FIGHTER IV
BLAZBLUE
BAYONETTA
YAKUZA KENZAN
YAKUZA 3
NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA
NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2
VALKYRIA CHRONICLES
DEMON SOULS
SOUL CALIBUR 4

*yawn* Only consoles can have good games, only AAA titles, blah blah blah.

Eventually, you can whittle down your specifications down enough until you fix the argument to your side.  I nthe end, all you're doing is excluding good games from 'lists' based on your preconceived notions of which side is better.

I'm going to have to agree with S.T.A.G.E. There are more AAA Western titles out there than AAA Japanese Titles. You can say that him narrowing it down to fix his argument, but the thing is you are listing games that you like, not games that are being scored (which they try to do as fairly as possible). You pretty much listed most of the AAA Japanese titles right there while the AAA Western titles include a far more lengthed list. I don't even like some of the games S.T.A.G.E listed, but the thing is that's my opinion just like you have been tossing only yours. If you go by game scores, which is by far the fairest way to do it... The Western titles are ahead.