By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How hard was the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time?

How hard was the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time?

It was supposed to be hard? 39 16.05%

I had a few problems, but got through fine 70 28.81%

It was hard, but I managed 75 30.86%

I had to use a guide for parts 35 14.40%

Couldn't do it without a... 15 6.17%

I never managed to beat i... 9 3.70%

Total:243

Ok, so some people want the next zelda puzzles/dungeons to be easier than the water temple. However, I never saw how the temple is all that hard. I've beat it countless times, and can't say I've ever had a problem. A bit of exploring and you get through fine. Heck, I wouldn't mind if all the dungeons were that complex as it makes the game more interesting. But rather than theorize on how hard the game was, I figured a poll would give us some incite into this.

As a side note, would you want future games from Nintendo be be as complex, or even more complex than the water temple?

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

I hated that temple, it was boring, easy and anoying (as every water zelda temple, execpt ALTTP)

I want my games to be challenging, but.. i dislike water levels o.o (havent finished OoT)

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

I liked the temple. Not my favorite, but I don't have any complaints about it. My favorite part would have been the shadow link. Personally, so long as a game doesn't use cheap tactics where guessing/luck is necessary, I'd love some really tough dungeons.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

As someone who grew up with Sonic the Hedgehog, I've learned to hate and despise water in video games (hooray for bubble shields!).

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time reintroduced me to that hatred.

Around the Network

it was the only temple where I needed a guide for some parts...

I went with 'I had a few problems, but...' response. I remember getting a little confused at one point, but I worked out the solution pretty quickly.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
I went with 'I had a few problems, but...' response. I remember getting a little confused at one point, but I worked out the solution pretty quickly.

This for me, too. Took me a while to find that key under that block, but that's about it. As soon as I got to Dark Link, it was all gravy.

Except for actually fighting Dark Link, of course.

I'll let you know when I'm finished with it.

Been searching for keys in it for a couple of days now and I'm getting annoyed.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

easy, as pie.

had more problems with shadow temple. my tv was too dark, i couldn't see a thing