By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you think animal testing is right?

Ps3 said:
Is there even a shred of evidence that proves animal testing could work for humans? What have we accomplished?

Okay here's two big ones:

Penicillin

Insulin

Around the Network

Wait we didn't get Penicillin through animal testing

We DEFINITELY got insulin that way, though

Khuutra said:
Ps3 said:
Is there even a shred of evidence that proves animal testing could work for humans? What have we accomplished?

Penicillin

Insulin

Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin and it was cause of bacterial experiments. He was actually working on staphylococci bacteria and he left an experiement out and it grew mold.. That's how that was actually discovered.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Ps3 said:
Khuutra said:
Ps3 said:

Penicillin

Insulin

Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin and it was cause of bacterial experiments. He was actually working on staphylococci bacteria and he left an experiement out and it grew mold.. That's how that was actually discovered.

I just looked it up again - animal testing was still necessary before it coudl be given out to humans. So, you know. All antibiotics come from that kind of testing.

And you know the polio vaccine? The one that cured the biggest killer of children in the modern world? Oh yeah. Animal testing.

Have you ever known someone who had to get a heart bypass surgery? Or bone replacement (particularly the hip)? Have you ever gotten a flu vaccination?

Have you lived through a flu epidemic?

Khuutra said:
Wait we didn't get Penicillin through animal testing

We DEFINITELY got insulin that way, though

Yeah, but it was tested on diabetic dogs.

Khuutra said:
Ps3 said:
Khuutra said:
Ps3 said:

Penicillin

Insulin

I just looked it up again - animal testing was still necessary before it coudl be given out to humans. So, you know. All antibiotics come from that kind of testing.

And you know the polio vaccine? The one that cured the biggest killer of children in the modern world? Oh yeah. Animal testing.

Have you ever known someone who had to get a heart bypass surgery? Or bone replacement (particularly the hip)? Have you ever gotten a flu vaccination?

Have you lived through a flu epidemic?

Yeah, they tested it on dogs who had a form of polio. Dog's can get polio too.

We're living through a flu epidemic right now..

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Around the Network
Ps3 said:

Yeah, they tested it on dogs who had a form of polio. Dog's can get polio too.

We're living through a flu epidemic right now..

That's absolutely false - the only host for Polio is humans.

this is a link to one of millions of anti-vivisection vids around the web.
this is only the link due to NSFW reasons, and it contains some disturbing images of animals in distress for human "benefit" although it is rather tame in comparison to some that exist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRlU4_0lCwM&feature=related

Personally, I believe that this what pedos were designed for. might as well make them useful.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Spankey said:
this is a link to one of millions of anti-vivisection vids around the web.
this is only the link due to NSFW reasons, and it contains some disturbing images of animals in distress for human "benefit" although it is rather tame in comparison to some that exist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRlU4_0lCwM&feature=related

Personally, I believe that this what pedos were designed for. might as well make them useful.

Oh why did you bring vivisection into this, that is the stuffo f my nightmares.

Vivisections are at least much more heavily regulated than any other kindo f thing we do to animals and requires ennough tranquilizers and painkillers that the animals can't feel anything

But it still makes me sick to think about

I put humans above animals so I am definitely for animal testing. I also think that vivisection has no real use, so why would a company waste money for torture? Mabey the term that I am thinking of is a "red herring" but I could be wrong.

And i've always been a big dog person too. As a kid my dog would sleep on the bed, I'd take the dog for a long distance run, had a bunch of cats too. I've always been the one in the family that could understand animals kind of like the dog whisperer.

A friend of mine from college has chron's disease, hasn't been diagnosed yet but he knows that he has it from the sh!ts that he gets and the belly pain. Right now, some research is being done on intestinal worms found in pigs.....which has shown to almost eliminate the issue in a lot of people, if the chrohn's hasnt gone too far that is. Obviously, they are going to have to infect the pigs with these worms but they dont seriously hurt the pig, and if it works the cure will be much easier to live with than hte disease. I dont want to tell my friend that this should be outlawed, in fact I told him about this worm thing and he really appreciated it.

I've always liked animals but at some point you have to know which is more important and that should be a person. What do you think about that Ps3?