By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do you think the Wii can outsell the PS2 LT(Poll)?

Do you think the Wii can outsell the PS2 LT(Poll)?

Yes 61 46.21%

No 71 53.79%

Total:132

DS will surely surpass PS2, but Wii will needs to be around at least another 4 years and keep selling like it is selling new or otherwise: impossible.

Around the Network

I find the Wii technology outdated so I have a hard time beliving it will keep on selling this well.

^^thats a bad reason

Gamecube had cutting edge graphics for its time and it sold poorly. It even had better than PS2.
Now the PS3 has cutting edge graphics and is selling poorly compared to the wii (not 360. I think it will pass the PS2 because currently looking at the evidence, the Wii is tracking way way way higher than PS2 in the same time frame.

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

I think it depends on several factors. If Natal has sufficient impact to sway both new people to the gaming market, as well as current users. Same can be said about the PS3 and how well they market their wand (same situation with Natal). What haters called "gimmick" before, may just end up being what can save the 360 and PS3 from continuing to be ripped apart saleswise by the Wii. Just for the record I am a PS1,2,3 owner (I know a fanboy 360 or PS3 owner will go against me lol).
I do think the Wii may just end up on an 8-10 year plan just like Sony has been doing the past couple of gens. 2010 and perhaps 2011 will be the deciding factor.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

Yes. Unless the PS2 stays on the market for 10 more years.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

half of me wants to say yes...but half says no
the 'Playstation' Brand is not as weak as people think, there is soooo much Demand out there for it but still people find the price worrying. The Wii will 100% sell over 100million but when the PS3 price gets to $199 £170 ect the demand for PS3 willl be huge and Wii will take a hit
Not sure how MS will fit into this really maybe Natal will also create huge demand but that will most likely Fail just as the PS3 Wand thing will fail
people who want motion Controls = Wii, will they buy another motion controlled system so close to buying a Wii? unlikely SONY & MS should just hold off on motion till next gen

Undoubtedly. I think even if they mess up another year, and never get serious third party support, it will still outsell the PS2 LTD.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.