By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

"this is business jujitsu"

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
sethhearthstone said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
sethhearthstone said:

I don't know about you guys, but after reading Sean dishing it out to stereoscopic gaming on PS3, I'm really looking forward to watching him gulp down some refreshing glasses of 3DS Koolaid.  This is going to be a real treat!

Did you actually look at what he wrote about the new system? He said 3D was not going to be the selling point, and that it's likely a ruse.

Sorry, you're too late!  Sean has just now declared the 3DS disruptive, without knowing anything else about it!  If you haven't noticed, Sean actually went through the stages of grief: Denial, bargaining, and now acceptance.  This is bigger than the hardcore embracing motion control, that took months.  Sean switched his stance in mere hours!  Look at him slurping up that 3D Koolaid.  Dude must have been parched!

You didn't even pay attention to what you wrote at first. You were discussing the 3D aspect, not the system itself.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

adsl said:
Is Malstrom really going to stop writing about the game business? I can't believe that! ¬¬

He's said this before, but I think he'll continue

Someone needs to photoshop a clip from the Other M opening, but with the caption "Malstrom. Time to go."

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

LordTheNightKnight said:
sethhearthstone said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
sethhearthstone said:

I don't know about you guys, but after reading Sean dishing it out to stereoscopic gaming on PS3, I'm really looking forward to watching him gulp down some refreshing glasses of 3DS Koolaid.  This is going to be a real treat!

Did you actually look at what he wrote about the new system? He said 3D was not going to be the selling point, and that it's likely a ruse.

Sorry, you're too late!  Sean has just now declared the 3DS disruptive, without knowing anything else about it!  If you haven't noticed, Sean actually went through the stages of grief: Denial, bargaining, and now acceptance.  This is bigger than the hardcore embracing motion control, that took months.  Sean switched his stance in mere hours!  Look at him slurping up that 3D Koolaid.  Dude must have been parched!

You didn't even pay attention to what you wrote at first. You were discussing the 3D aspect, not the system itself.

What's your beef, dude?  It's pretty clear you understood what I meant when you mentioned the 3D being a ruse.  But that theory's out the window now!  3D is suddenly a disruptive technology, and not a sustaining innovation!  This Malstrom character just cracks me up.  I hope he's doing this as a joke, because it would be pretty hard to take him seriously if he's really this two-faced about a technology just because Nintendo picked it up.

Around the Network

"3D is suddenly a disruptive technology, and not a sustaining innovation!"

That's not what he wrote. He did not claim that in his article, so you are still not paying attention.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

LordTheNightKnight said:
"3D is suddenly a disruptive technology, and not a sustaining innovation!"

That's not what he wrote. He did not claim that in his article, so you are still not paying attention.

He's calling the 3DS disruptive. So I ask you (this is the important part):  On what is he basing this judgement?

We know NOTHING ABOUT IT outside of the fact that it has a 3D SCREEN.

Ergo, Q.E.D., etc:

You and Sean are either crazy or deluding yourselves.  Or both.

Feel fee to try and counter that, but you simply haven't anything to work with.  But that hasn't stopped Sean before, so have at it!

No, you were claiming he was calling the 3D part disruptive, not the system in general.

And he's not really calling the system disruptive as much as the prelude to the endgame. Look at his article again.

He's not calling the 3DS disruptive??  Current post, first paragraph:

"The 3DS is, very much so, disruptive."

Exactly how are you reading this noun-verb-adjective combination?  I'm curious if it might be that you're just really poor at gramatically decoding a 7-word sentence, or if it is simply your reading comprehension that needs work?

He's calling the 3DS disruptive, but not because of having 3d. He's guessing it will have other characteristics, but Nintendo only announced the 3d part as a strategic move. Just like the DS, when they announced two screens, but no-one expected a touch screen.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069