By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

sorry wfz, but MM items didn't make you feel badass at all, all they did was solve other puzzles

most masks and newer items in general in zelda..are just that..items

they used to be called weapons before

because that's what they were..weapons. They made the difficult enemies easier to defeat.

nowadays fighting a monster is a puzzle or easy. It's never a monster that is significantly easier when you have a newer weapon or 'item' because 'items' are solely used for the purpose of solving puzzles or hitting a very specific enemy

and MM's masks are no different from these 'items'

they aren't weapons

Around the Network
deathcape said:

sorry wfz, but MM items didn't make you feel badass at all, all they did was solve other puzzles

because that's what they were..weapons. They made the difficult enemies easier to defeat.

nowadays fighting a monster is a puzzle or easy. It's never a monster that is significantly easier when you have a newer weapon or 'item' because 'items' are solely used for the purpose of solving puzzles or hitting a very specific enemy

they aren't weapons

What!?  The masks that allowed you to transform into the other races were completely bad ass.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
deathcape said:

they aren't weapons

What!?  The masks that allowed you to transform into the other races were completely bad ass.

Okay, but the story structure and loads of fetch quests really got in the way of that. It's not that I mind a game like that, just not when it gets in the way of Link kicking ass. I mean, people think Twilight Princess took forever doing anything, but this game was even worse.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
theRepublic said:

Okay, but the story structure and loads of fetch quests really got in the way of that. It's not that I mind a game like that, just not when it gets in the way of Link kicking ass. I mean, people think Twilight Princess took forever doing anything, but this game was even worse.

The 'you have been quoted in a thread' notification is back!  Awesome.

I don't think it was the quests that turned people off, if I remember correctly (it has been way too long since I played that game), many were optional.  I think the whole three day game mechanic was the problem for a lot of people (probably what you meant by story structure).  Too bad, because I loved it.  It really allowed the world to be fleshed out.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
theRepublic said:

The 'you have been quoted in a thread' notification is back!  Awesome.

I don't think it was the quests that turned people off, if I remember correctly (it has been way too long since I played that game), many were optional.  I think the whole three day game mechanic was the problem for a lot of people (probably what you meant by story structure).  Too bad, because I loved it.  It really allowed the world to be fleshed out.

Well the first cycle is like a huge forced one, since if you don't do some things in the right order, you of course get a game over.

Plus with the Quicksand Box nature of the game, it's really hard to tell which ones are necessary to complete the game or not without going to GameFAQs.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Around the Network

Zelda the action game! Take Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry, and give it a Zelda paint job. Is that they game you want? Is that game The Legend of Zelda? 

Just because someone is saying something different. Doesn't mean their point of view is right!

Member Of The Wii Squad: Warriors of Light!

One of the 4 Yonkou of Youtube aka Wii Warlords. Other Members include ThaBlackBaron, Shokio, and Cardy.

TheWon said:

Zelda the action game! Take Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry, and give it a Zelda paint job. Is that they game you want? Is that game The Legend of Zelda? 

It is to DALEK SEAN.

... LET THE HATE POSTS  COMETH!

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.

- Douglas Adams

TheWon said:

No, we want Zelda.

Go play the original Legend of Zelda, and see how fast you die.

And what the heck is DALEK SEAN

Looking at the numbers for the past little while, it occurs to me that Malstrom may have overestimated 2-D Mario to some degree.

No question that New Super Mario Bros. Wii is enormous, and pretending otherwise is the height of foolishness; I expect it to neatly break into the top 10 for best-selling titles this generation, even with combined SKUs.

I remember him calling it the "biggest franchise in gaming," though, specifically mentioning it as being larger than Mario Kart and possibly even Wii Sports - I can't remember if he mentioned Call of Duty or not. Call of Duty would be included, though, thanks to use of absolute terms.

But sales numbers don't suggest that: Call of Duty has been selling more per week very nearly since the game launched, and though NSMBWii pulled ahead for a time the sales levels shifted back into Modern Warfare 2's favor some time ago.

It's difficulty to tell whether or not NSMBWii will ever pass up Modern Warfare 2. I have my doubts. Claiming that 2D Mario is bigger than the aforementioned franchises - Mario Kart, Wii Sports, and Call of Duty - seems like it may have been premature.

Not to take away from it in any way, but I was looking through numbers to update my Top 50 topic and this kind of jumped out at me.

Khuutra said:

Looking at the numbers for the past little while, it occurs to me that Malstrom may have overestimated 2-D Mario to some degree.

No question that New Super Mario Bros. Wii is enormous, and pretending otherwise is the height of foolishness; I expect it to neatly break into the top 10 for best-selling titles this generation, even with combined SKUs.

I remember him calling it the "biggest franchise in gaming," though, specifically mentioning it as being larger than Mario Kart and possibly even Wii Sports - I can't remember if he mentioned Call of Duty or not. Call of Duty would be included, though, thanks to use of absolute terms.

But sales numbers don't suggest that: Call of Duty has been selling more per week very nearly since the game launched, and though NSMBWii pulled ahead for a time the sales levels shifted back into Modern Warfare 2's favor some time ago.

It's difficulty to tell whether or not NSMBWii will ever pass up Modern Warfare 2. I have my doubts. Claiming that 2D Mario is bigger than the aforementioned franchises - Mario Kart, Wii Sports, and Call of Duty - seems like it may have been premature.

Not to take away from it in any way, but I was looking through numbers to update my Top 50 topic and this kind of jumped out at me.

That's among both systems, and legs for CoD on both dropped faster than NSMBWii.