By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The official Endless Ocean: Blue world thread of pure Joy and Awesomeness

Gamerace said:
TWRoO said:
Gamerace said:

As cool as it would be, it'd make some little girl cry, so sadly, we'll never get to feed Orca's anything other than fishfood and fish.  But damn wouldn't that be a sight to behold, panicked seals darting to and fro and a huge Orca giving chase right up onto the beach.  Or your dolphin pals fighting off a Great White (or your orca killing/eating it - happens) or a Sperm Whale fighting a giant squid or your river dolphin bravely giving his life to the pirranhas as you escape... never mind, that'd make me cry.    Lots of potential for EO2 or even 3 though

Okay, where's the damn spoiler warning on that eh?!  Now you ruined the whole game for me!!

And how do I trigger that event?

Sorry

Bit difficult to spoiler thta kind of thing anyway really, I mean I was quoting your post, and highlighting a specific part because I had seen an image of exactly that (took me a while to find it again though, and it's in a Flash component so I had to print screen it and upload it here) Best I could have done is link to the image but I would still have been highlighting your text so you'd know exactly what it was.

And I have no idea as I haven't played it yet
I got it from here: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/games/wii/endless_ocean_2_adventures_of_the_deep_13715.html

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
Gamerace said:
TWRoO said:
Gamerace said:

As cool as it would be, it'd make some little girl cry, so sadly, we'll never get to feed Orca's anything other than fishfood and fish.  But damn wouldn't that be a sight to behold, panicked seals darting to and fro and a huge Orca giving chase right up onto the beach.  Or your dolphin pals fighting off a Great White (or your orca killing/eating it - happens) or a Sperm Whale fighting a giant squid or your river dolphin bravely giving his life to the pirranhas as you escape... never mind, that'd make me cry.    Lots of potential for EO2 or even 3 though

Okay, where's the damn spoiler warning on that eh?!  Now you ruined the whole game for me!!

And how do I trigger that event?

Sorry

Bit difficult to spoiler thta kind of thing anyway really, I mean I was quoting your post, and highlighting a specific part because I had seen an image of exactly that (took me a while to find it again though, and it's in a Flash component so I had to print screen it and upload it here) Best I could have done is link to the image but I would still have been highlighting your text so you'd know exactly what it was.

And I have no idea as I haven't played it yet
I got it from here: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/games/wii/endless_ocean_2_adventures_of_the_deep_13715.html

Oh, that's in EO2.  Okay then.  No problem.  (I was kidding anyway)  I thought I had somehow missed that in EO1.  You'd think it would be there with a Sperm Whale and a giant Squid in the Abyss.   That's totally cool, can't wait to see that in game.    Wonder if it's a cutscene or in-game.   I almost want it in-game but then you could look the wrong way to study some fish and miss the whole thing.

Oh, and thanks for all the effort in posting that.

Yeah I guess it has to be a cutscene... otherwise it would have to do it regularly so you are bound to catch it.

One thing I hope they change for the camera is thta it remains at the zoom setting you put it on.... pain in the behind trying to get a fish into the right place, then change to the camera icon only to have to zoom in so that it's not a speck in the middle.

Also, seems I deleted my shoal (probably the wrong collective term, maybe a herd is more accurate) of manta rays picture, I still have the action shots of Magu Tapah though

While we're at it, there's a couple fish (fanfin and some pryamid headed worm in the abyss) I can't get info on. No amount of petting, poking or feeding gets them to identify. Thoughts?

Whoa, giant squids fighting sperm whales? The game keeps getting better! *.*
And from the looks of it, it seems to be in some kind of Abyss-like area. Nice.

And I too hope they fixed that camera-zoom thing TWRoO was talking about that bothered me in EO1. Dunno if they changed it in 2, but who knows... Would be sweet.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
While we're at it, there's a couple fish (fanfin and some pryamid headed worm in the abyss) I can't get info on. No amount of petting, poking or feeding gets them to identify. Thoughts?

That fanfin, you have to draw around it with your underwater pen-thing, I remember I couldn't get that one either, so I had to look it up at the time.

Wouldn't know about that pyramid thing.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

TWRoO said:

Yeah I guess it has to be a cutscene... otherwise it would have to do it regularly so you are bound to catch it.

One thing I hope they change for the camera is thta it remains at the zoom setting you put it on.... pain in the behind trying to get a fish into the right place, then change to the camera icon only to have to zoom in so that it's not a speck in the middle.

Also, seems I deleted my shoal (probably the wrong collective term, maybe a herd is more accurate) of manta rays picture, I still have the action shots of Magu Tapah though

On the website they say all images in the encyclopedia were taken from the in-game camera (all the deep water animals/backgrounds look like a carbon copy of EO1 except of course for this shot).  So it must be in-game.

Cheebee said:
Gamerace said:

That fanfin, you have to draw around it with your underwater pen-thing, I remember I couldn't get that one either, so I had to look it up at the time.

Wouldn't know about that pyramid thing.

??  Thanks but... why?  What's the thinking behind that?   I took a photo thinking maybe I'd get to e-mail for identification (which would make a lot of sense) but I don't understand why they'd expect you to outline some fish, not intuitive at all.

Gamerace said:

Draw some stuff with the underwater pen, a few fish only respond to that. If you don't have the underwater pen yet, you get it impressing a client during one your dives as a hired guide.

EDIT: You don't have to outline them with the pen, just entertain the fish by drawing anything.

BrainBoxLtd said:
Gamerace said:

Draw some stuff with the underwater pen, a few fish only respond to that. If you don't have the underwater pen yet, you get it impressing a client during one your dives as a hired guide.

EDIT: You don't have to outline them with the pen, just entertain the fish by drawing anything.

The fish can see the pen markings?  I just assumed it was there for online use.  Well, that makes some sense then.  Thanks.