By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Local PS3 stock levels - eating up 360 shelf space

kowenicki said:
Thats the Pics!? LOL

Another one added:

Do you want to request a certain type of picture? PS3 gaming section, the PS3 pallets or something else?

Personally I thought these were the most interesting.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

@ kowenicki

Show the full pic please.... not a cropped version

No, I did my best to cut people out of these pictures. I don't know if they want to be in there or not, but I guess not.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

@ kowenicki

originally you said you went down there the other day and all this stock was on display... well it still is when you went back to take the pics... so where is this mega demand?

The mega sale happened 2 weeks ago, this is new stock ready for the holidays.

Of course this amount is not going to sell within 1 day, neither did the Wiis and 360s overnight. Neither did the Wii last year when I covered the huge Wii supply.

PS3 vs 360 sales

Let me guess, you're trying to make out this is the way things are going in America ... really NPD thinks differently MikeB.

Weak thread as usual.

EDIT - My bad, this is the netherlands! Since when did they make any dent in the way of sales?

Seece said:
Let me guess, you're trying to make out this is the way things are going in America ... really NPD thinks differently MikeB.

Weak thread as usual.

Nope, he didnt said anything about america in the whole thread. How sharing a anecdotal evidence  can be a weak thread? People are doing so everyday. Its not because the anecdotal evidence is in favor of one or the other than it is weak. Theres in no judgement anywhere in the thread about PS3 selling more anywhere else than his media markt.

Around the Network

@ kowenicki

We have many stores selling consoles here in Groningen, Media Markt and Saturn are probably the biggest. But we also have many toy stors like Toys 'r Us, Intertoys, Bart Smit and shops like Dixons or V&D this in addition to 2 dedicated game stores.

Selling 2000 consoles a day would be a bit too much. Groningen has less than 200,000 people here. That would mean about every family would own a PS3 during one holiday month selling that on average (or 3 holiday months every family in the whole province).

PS3 vs 360 sales

kowenicki said:
@mikeb

So again you enforce my point.... if that was a UK store that stock wouldnt last more than a day or two at the moment. I dont know if it works differently in the Netherlands but over here its crazy during the whole of December

You do know there is only one more weekend before xmas?

His thread as absolutely nothing to do about worlwide sale.

kowenicki said:
Icyedge said:
kowenicki said:
@mikeb

So again you enforce my point.... if that was a UK store that stock wouldnt last more than a day or two at the moment. I dont know if it works differently in the Netherlands but over here its crazy during the whole of December

His thread has absolutely nothing to do about worldwide sale.

No I know... it appears to have nothing to do with anything other than a store manager somewhere in holland over ordering PS3's. 

I think I am right in saying store stock levels are the managers responsibility in mediamarkt stores and are not dictated by company policy... thats right isnt it Mike?

Your probably right, but he didnt use this as a fact to prove that PS3 would outsell 360 or anything. Well only outsell it in his media markt. There was a bit of unnecessary hating in this thread.

kowenicki said:
Icyedge said:
kowenicki said:
@mikeb

His thread has absolutely nothing to do about worldwide sale.

No I know... it appears to have nothing to do with anything other than a store manager somewhere in holland over ordering PS3's. 

I think I am right in saying store stock levels are the managers responsibility in mediamarkt stores and are not dictated by company policy... thats right isnt it Mike?

Ouch... Another failed attempt by MikeB at PS3 boosting.  Seriously, are your arms getting tired yet?

Here at my local stores, PS3 Slims are allways in stock en mass like in your pics.  It's the Wii's and 360's that are always sold out... how do we know that's not the case in your store since you aren't showing any Wii or 360 pics and the only pics you show are of mass amounts of PS3 hardware that hasn't moved at all since you started this thread?

Back on topic.

Those shelves are filled to the wall:

Of course customers will first most likely pick up those available in the PS3 section and those available on the pallets. These are IMO used as refill.

PS3 vs 360 sales